Rig Manager 3.0 Beta Release Discussion Thread

• The whole Win 8/10 thing is counterproductive for Kemper IMO. Think about it. People have only so much disposable income. If they have to buy a new computer when they otherwise wouldn't need to, that is a chunk of change gone west that they could have used for something else. How many people would have to buy a new PC instead of a Kemper Stage to cancel any advantage the they got out of not having to support an OS still used on 400 million PCs?

Consider also you could buy a second hand PC with Win 7 for $100 US or less if you didn't have one or more of them lying around.

What about a potential switcher who currently edits patches on his/her GT1000/ Helix/AFX box from their Win 7 PC. Should they switch now that there is an Kemper editor? Well, hmm - they willl need a new PC AND the KPA. Suddenly, that is a steeper hill to climb. Hmm, maybe later.

Most users who really need the editor for extensive use in their semi-/pro- recording studio or live jobs will already have latest upgrades for Windows and OS.There is no way to avoid this anyway.

For all the others..well..how much does a new tablet cost...afaik you can get them for 100-200 bucks..I mean..win7 indeed is old junk.And will be gone sooner or later in a few months.

I have the current RM on my oldest win7 lap..and indeed I am no wealthy guy..but tomorrow or Friday I will start to look for a new small tablet which fits into the pocket my KPA bag.It is a must now.

Edited once, last by Nikos ().

• Thanks mate, just staring my working day but eager to try this arvo :thumbup:

• A bit of an oddity.... While installing the 3.0.79 update on a fully updated Windows 10 machine, the installer opened a window partly off screen which I could not move or close. I used task manager to kill it. The update appears to have installed correctly and is working, so I'm not concerned. Just thought the info might be useful.

This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

• Thank you.

I think it's too late for doing that.

But I think I saw "Activate" somewhere in the screen. I'll try to do it tomorrow.

• There are lots of Win 7 era machines that just don't run Windows 10 properly. If you're going to persist with it I recommend ensuring you have at least 8GB of RAM. I've got an old laptop from around 2008 that's been Win 10 for years and no issues. On the other hand we have older graphics workstations at work that just won't cope with it, even though they've got decent specs.

Win 10 will not install on anything before Ivy Bridge.

• Good news for me, Windows 8.1.

Editor loads properly now. It is a MASSIVE improvement of controlling the kemper, especially for delays and reverbs!

Urgent problem: Changing the chicken heads isn't displayed in "real time". When I click and drag the knob, the mouse dissappears+ knob is not moving. Afterwards the knobs jumps to whatever position i dragged the mouse to. I have to guess what value will come out after my adjustment. (Do you get what I mean?)

How do we switch cabs? Also on Mac Load Impulse Response option is greyed out.

But this editor is top notch!!!!!

Thank you Kemper

I can't import IRs either. The option is greyed out and it isn't possible do drag IRs directly into Rig Manager.

• You can only import impulse responses into the preset area. In Rig and Performance areas the function is greyed out.

However, there is a sound issue. Some users reported that imported impulse responses don't sound correctly and different than those transformed via Cab Maker. This is being worked on. It's on the list for the next beta.

• I am on Windows 10 and I still cannot get the shortcut key "M" to work for morphing. I set the morphs on the editor and they do not respond. What does happen when I press M is that the profiler list advances one instead. It's like the focus of the window is not on the editor portion when using shortcut keys.

• I am on Windows 10 and I still cannot get the shortcut key "M" to work for morphing. I set the morphs on the editor and they do not respond. What does happen when I press M is that the profiler list advances one instead. It's like the focus of the window is not on the editor portion when using shortcut keys.

same problem here...