Rig Manager 3.0 Beta Release Discussion Thread

• Urgent problem: Changing the chicken heads isn't displayed in "real time". When I click and drag the knob, the mouse dissappears+ knob is not moving. Afterwards the knobs jumps to whatever position i dragged the mouse to. I have to guess what value will come out after my adjustment. (Do you get what I mean?)

Confirmed. I'm on it...

Cheers

Georg

• What am I doing wrong ?!!;(;(;(

Nothing, most probably. There were three different issues that could cause a crash on startup. Only two of them have been fixed in the latest beta. If you haven't done so yet, please send a crash report either via the Rig Manager feedback function or by opening a support ticket.

• To preview and "scroll" through the rigs it's now the left and right arrow keys. BUT the green highlighted bar is not moving. Also the Rig informations on the right are not changing to the rig that is previewed.

The only way to listen too a profile and see full information is to click with the mouse button?! Hope this will be changed soon. Or is there another way to scroll through thousands of profiles quick?

• It would help the Kemper team if you indicated what computer you have os 10.15.1 and 10.15.2 installed on. Is it an iMac, Macbook pro, Mac Mini, hackintosh? That could explain why some people have no problems with RM beta using Catalina (10.15).

MacBookPro9,2

Dual-Core Intel Core i5

2,5 GHz

OS Catalina 10.15.1.

Nothing, most probably. There were three different issues that could cause a crash on startup. Only two of them have been fixed in the latest beta. If you haven't done so yet, please send a crash report either via the Rig Manager feedback function or by opening a support ticket.

I opened a ticket after the first Beta. I'm opening a new one now.

Thanks for your concern, guys.

• Maybe the colour scheme of the editor wants to be modern, but for me it looks a bit too depressive, sad, unhappy, umotivating.

And I am the Black Metal guy, who usually likes it sinister and dark ^^

But really, this shades of grey thing of somberness is a bit too much? Also very hard and tiring to read for me.

• I notice that saved effect groups (from the Stomps and Effects buttons) are not included in the Presets. Are there plans to add these at some point? I'm pretty sure the Stage doesn't have these buttons but I suppose it could still work as a way to set multiple effects from one preset. In my case I usually have a Effect block locked.

Haven't tried editing an effect within that block yet to see what happens. I can still load these through the buttons so I'm hoping there will be a way to use these in the editor.

• if you are running Windows 10 32 bit, this might be caused by the installer. We found an issue, which we will fix in the next RM beta revision.

With best regards, Burkhard Dinnies

Kemper Amps Support Team

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• You can only import impulse responses into the preset area. In Rig and Performance areas the function is greyed out.

However, there is a sound issue. Some users reported that imported impulse responses don't sound correctly and different than those transformed via Cab Maker. This is being worked on. It's on the list for the next beta.

Oh yes, indeed. My bad for not paying enough attention!

Thanks.

• I'm finding quite a few annoying issues:

1. Whenever I lock a module, make changes, go to another slot in the same performance, save all performances to slot x on the editor.... it doesn't save the locked module values

2. Several times now I've locked modules and then loaded a rig from rig manager. The locked modules seem fine, but when saving that performance via RM 3, when I go back to it, only the delay and reverb are saved, and even the amp and cab are empty.

What exactly is the process for locking modules, loading a rig, and then saving that rig with locked modules to a performance slot?

• I am still having issues. I upgraded to the latest of both betas, and per Peter's instructions did the Global Init "Press and hold the Rig and System button while you turn on the device into tuner mode. Hold these buttons till the message "Initializing current Rigs and global settings" appear in the display, then release the buttons."

First, I tried to work with an existing performance. I copy/pasted a M. Britt rig from one slot, to another and then saved. Some things did work, like the orange save performance button appeared to save the performance, and the names of the slots changed, but the default Crunch rig stayed the same. Undaunted, I tried to create a new performance and drag/dropped the M. Britt rig from a new window onto the new performance, but then I crashed again. Screen capture attached, and sent follow up emails to support.

• I am still having issues. I upgraded to the latest of both betas, and per Peter's instructions did the Global Init "Press and hold the Rig and System button while you turn on the device into tuner mode. Hold these buttons till the message "Initializing current Rigs and global settings" appear in the display, then release the buttons."

First, I tried to work with an existing performance. I copy/pasted a M. Britt rig from one slot, to another and then saved. Some things did work, like the orange save performance button appeared to save the performance, and the names of the slots changed, but the default Crunch rig stayed the same. Undaunted, I tried to create a new performance and drag/dropped the M. Britt rig from a new window onto the new performance, but then I crashed again. Screen capture attached, and sent follow up emails to support.

I've had the same screen simply by navigating from the editor and also using the rig buttons. (on mac)

• It works flawlessly here (Mac 10.15, Rack Version)! But there are some things I stumbled upon I would like to see changed in the release version:

1) On the preset packs it would be great, if there was a drop down menu or anything that lets you choose the category, so that you could only let the - say - delay presets be shown.

2) I really dislike the graphic EQ. Why isn't it a real graphic EQ? Switchable Hi/Lo Cut? 4 Band is totally enough, but with a graphic representation of what's happening. I'm thinking of something like the EQ on my X32.

Besides those two, there is nothing I can complain about! It really changed my way of seeing the Kemper! Of course, everything was there beforehand, but now it is so easily accessible... well done, guys! :thumbup:

• You can sort by the Category column, or search for Delay.

This is a workaround at best. The current system is basically the RM version of scrolling for effects before 7.0.

Mimicking the effects selection hierarchy that OS 7 brought to the KPA would be quite useful. Saved searches and/or smart folders would be ideal.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• This is a workaround at best. The current system is basically the RM version of scrolling for effects before 7.0.

Mimicking the effects selection hierarchy that OS 7 brought to the KPA would be quite useful. Saved searches and/or smart folders would be ideal.

Aren't you the same guy who was saying there was no need for an editor last week? ;(