Is it possible to trigger the looper/rec from front panel?

• Wasn't there a way to do this with separate foot switches (standard) plugged directly in the Kemper? Thought I saw this somewhere, not sure though :/

So I plugged a normal sustain pedal (un-latched) into pedal 1. Set up pedal 1 for dual switch (tip=looper start --> ring= looper stop). then I inserted Looper into stomp C. All I got was a lot of hiss. Could not make it work or even get a signal with the pedal plugged in. Only when I removed it would my signal come back. What am I missing? Thanks! Manual doesn't go into this as far as I could see,

• then I inserted Looper into stomp C

What exactly do you mean by inserting this? In the effects types I do not see the looper but just loops for external effects which would require appropriate wiring from send to unit to return. If you don't put an external effect there you won't hear anything.

Not sure about your pedal as well. I try to do it with my foot switches here to see if it works as I think.

• So, just tested with my external dual foot switch. Assigned Looper Start to one button and Looper Stop to the other. Works like charm. No change or adjustment in any individual profile needed.

• Looper and Effect Loops are two different animals. The Looper is a global capability which doesn't need to be set up by Rig.

If you trigger Looper Start and Looper Stop via external momentary switches, make sure to set the polarity right. Otherwise you might experience odd situations. Normal polarity refers to an opening switch (electrical contact normally closed and temporarily cut while you hit the button). Inverse polarity refers to a closing switch (electrical contact normally cut and temporarily closed while you hit the button).