MIDI Assignments in Editor

• Hello, I have quite a complex setup, and it would be INCREDIBLY helpful to be able to assign MIDI in the editor - perhaps with a right clicking type procedure. Things like assigning effects, changes of amplifiers, etc. To make it easy on the fly for those using other MIDI units, alongside the Kemper Footswitch.

Routing is extremely important - many of the other editors have this feature and your Editor really needs this.

Thank you.

• This would be nice, if probably difficult. At the moment, the ability to set the outgoing PC for a performance slot in the editor would really be nice. I hope this is already planned as a future enhancement.

• Regarding routing …. the PROFILER allows to select the Input Source as well as Output Sources globally and effect loops can be set up by Rig and switched on/off. What else? Parallel Path can be activated by Rig. DLY+REV Routing can be set by Rig. All these parameters can be controlled via Rig Manager 3. If you should be missing something, it's probably not an editor limitation.

• Regarding routing …. the PROFILER allows to select the Input Source as well as Output Sources globally and effect loops can be set up by Rig and switched on/off. What else? Parallel Path can be activated by Rig. DLY+REV Routing can be set by Rig. All these parameters can be controlled via Rig Manager 3. If you should be missing something, it's probably not an editor limitation.

There are many components which are controllable by MIDI channel. This is important when you're coordinating with other MIDI units. Just because YOU don't need something, doesn't mean others don't. OBVIOUSLY you can do it on the profiler, I'm talking about being able to assign these channels on the EDITOR. Right now YOU CANNOT. I'm also not talking about input/output sources - I'm talking about being able to switch profiles, performances, etc., via MIDI. You cannot do that with the current editor.

• I was referring to your comment about routing "Routing is extremely important - many of the other editors have this feature and your Editor really needs this.". Isn't this related to signal routing?

Sending MIDI channel and receiving MIDI channel are two items that you normally set once globally per device. An editor is no win for that simple purpose.

You might refer to MIDI program changes. But those don't have to be assigned. If you want to load sounds via MIDI in correspondence with other devices, why don't you use Performance Mode which is designed for such applications. All 625 Slots in Performance Mode have their MIDI bank (LSB) and progam change already preassigned. You place the Rigs in the Slots vie editor, done.