Now we have editor......

• Ok , about to buy my Kemper....

I'm going for the Rack Unit - Non Power

It will not be used for gigging - only for home Practice running through my DAW & Recording in Logic - ( I have a list of songs to learn so soon ill be asking for some profiles soon - ie " Slow Dancing in a Burning Room " , " Sultans Of Swing " , " Wonderful Tonight "....

But..... now we have the editor is there any advantage with non over powered units ? or vice versa ?

Bearing in mind we have IR's ?

Just making sure...

:)

• Advantages software wise none, hardware wise, you could use a normal guitar cabinet, if you have one, 600watt is plenty loud for rehearsal levels. If you want to go the unpowered route (I suppose you do if you plan using IRs), then get it connected to your monitors as a start, use your best pair of headphones and eq the output at prefference, and finally get a powered cabinet, being a Headrush FRFR108, Yamaha DXR-10, Line 6 Powercab 112 or others.

Regarding recommendations:

Sultans of swing: Go with the free Michael Britt Blackface Deluxe reverb, eq a bit the treble depending your guitar, boost mids, add a small compressor and very low saturation tube screamer, a bit of chorus, take out the legacy reverb and add a spring reverb with very few dripstone effect. That plus an strat with neck+mid pickup position and you got Sultans of swing tone.

The answer is 42

• Advantages software wise none, hardware wise, you could use a normal guitar cabinet, if you have one, 600watt is plenty loud for rehearsal levels. If you want to go the unpowered route (I suppose you do if you plan using IRs), then get it connected to your monitors as a start, use your best pair of headphones and eq the output at prefference, and finally get a powered cabinet, being a Headrush FRFR108, Yamaha DXR-10, Line 6 Powercab 112 or others.

Regarding recommendations:

Sultans of swing: Go with the free Michael Britt Blackface Deluxe reverb, eq a bit the treble depending your guitar, boost mids, add a small compressor and very low saturation tube screamer, a bit of chorus, take out the legacy reverb and add a spring reverb with very few dripstone effect. That plus an strat with neck+mid pickup position and you got Sultans of swing tone.

Thank You Bro' for this info - will keep you informed :)

• Thank You Bro' for this info - will keep you informed :)

I forgot to stress out that, maybe 80% of marks tone comes from a stratocaster mid+neck position, and playing with fingers, a bit of flesh and nail on the tumb. Thats how he makes its guitar cry crispy passages when he goes for a bend or a legato. But in theory any fender amp plus chorus and verb will get you there, it just happens that for me, the MB profile (the one in the free pack) works wonders, you dont need to even reduce the gain or something else.

PD: Chorus is used before the amp section in very low amounts on the mix ration, and this is the same as Mark's live setup.

The answer is 42