your daily shot of 80's - New Mix starring Djemass on the leads :)

• I managed to get intensive use of the editor while recording my latest track , and I must say it greatly improved my session.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

your daily shot of 80's

Had no crash in that session, but had to restart the editor twice since it was behaving strangely ... beta is beta so I won't whine .

Browsing and chasing the tones was a bliss , I copied my favourite FX presets & cabs first , by storing them in my local pool.

I was able to load the best profiles for each part of this recording , Tailoring the amps on the fly was a major fun ,I almost didn't touch my KPA this time.

Welagen 6SS on the cleans , chorus ( air & vintage ) , smooth delay & verb

Cameron CCV for the PM and power chords part ( same choruses)

CAE lead from Breu ( Chorus & digital delay)

most part are my strat , leads are SemI Hollow P90, jazz bass

About the track :

For those lucky folks (like me) that had a chance to grow in the 80's and ingest all of this era's music ...

This is my best try to sound like an 80's mix : stratocaster, vintage chorus, air chorus , same for the bass, digital delay on the leads, heavy reverb on the snare...

Let me know how you like my mix here , I wonder what to do to sound more 80's, it's a bit too warm maybe, I'm open for dirty cheats ;)

Here is a screenshot of my work in reaper for the curious.

• As usual great stuff Renaud. I like what you share and how you do it as well :)

Great tune, very 80s indeed. Guitars and drums are on the spot for me. And I like this great double lead guitar solo starting at 1:34. So cool :thumbup:8)

I think I mentioned it last time as well that the bass is a bit too boomy for my taste. It's thick and runs through quite well but for me is has a bit too much low mids / high bass. Not easy for me to say which exact frequency it is.

• As usual great stuff Renaud. I like what you share and how you do it as well :)

Great tune, very 80s indeed. Guitars and drums are on the spot for me. And I like this great double lead guitar solo starting at 1:34. So cool :thumbup:8)

I think I mentioned it last time as well that the bass is a bit too boomy for my taste. It's thick and runs through quite well but for me is has a bit too much low mids / high bass. Not easy for me to say which exact frequency it is.

Thx for the kind comments , I've updated my track with a new mix, lowering the bass and reworking the parts & overall balance. Many thx to you :)

Edited Track is online

• Hellu ! Nice 80´s vibe, guitarsound is very "Rockman-ish" :)

I would like a more "fat" power snare and maybe gated reverb ??

And of course a DX7 keyboard 8o

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.