RM3 MAC OS X YOSEMITE SUPPORT!

• Hello Kemper,

I’m requesting (well begging and pleading) for Yosemite support with RM3, specifically 10.10.5.

I purchased my current MacBook Pro around four years or so ago for about 3,000us, and have upgraded the OS as far as I can go and still support my current versions of studio software, apps and plugins without major upgrades.

Note, I write and record on this rig and it’s not economical to get a second computer to just run the editor.

Here’s the problem - if I have to upgrade my current OS to work with RM3, it will cost me hundreds/possibly thousand of dollars in software upgrades to my DAW, applications, and plugins in order to work with the new OS. For reference, I have used the Helix and Stomp as well which both currently have OS Yosemite support. There is nothing wrong with my current studio software versions however, and it is serving me extremely well. It’s also all an expensive initial investment for musicians, so I really don’t want to upgrade those software platforms, as they are really not that old! (Even though Apple says my OS is old...)

As a customer, I am on my fourth Kemper unit, the Stage. I bought one of the first Stages in the country, and have endured some early errors/glitches. I have really looked forward to the editor. I have been with Kemper for 3+ years, have influenced many buyers to go Kemper, and provided feedback on a number of Beta versions. I also have a ton of money invested in profiles. It would mean a lot to have support on my current four year old studio setup, without incurring huge additional cost to get the editor to function.

I’m hopeful this can be resolved. Otherwise I feel like I (and others) will need to change solutions, as the Stage (which I replaced my toaster with) is now on the floor, and it is not nearly as practical to use in my studio without the editor unfortunately.

Please feel free with any questions. Thanks for the review!

Nic Noble

Oak Hills Church

• I want to also mention that it would totally make sense for you to support it. Kemper markets itself with a culture of protecting the age of its technology, hence the original Kemper 1.0 in so many versions. So, a four year old OS is not that antiquated. If you don’t ultimately support it, it’s kind of like saying that “your four year old OS is too ancient to run the editor for our 10 year old technology”. Something to consider?