Big Profile Session.

• Hi Bob. : )

Well sort of. - In my first post I said i'd profile flat. - so the extra work was to make up for that..- also gives people more flexability as they can then tweek/enhance to taste, rather than have my own personal settings.

The ones I did are how I'd use them, closer matching how I set the amps in the first place.
    Everyones guitar/setup is so differnt..and so when profiling for a larger audience you gotta think more generic and flat!.
    So 90% of the time amps were all flat as they could be.. with the exception of adding extra bass.. as a general rule to recording.. its easier to subtract bass than to add.
    Hope that answers your question.
    Andy

• Hi Andy,

Ok got you.

The interesting thing about your profiles for me is how well they work with different guitars/pups.

Lots of the other user profiles I have tried seem to work much better with certain setups than others.

Your post eq settings for me seem to enhance the profiles useability with a wide range of guitars, turning the eq off makes them less universally usefull if you know what I mean? Also what is interesting is that when I look at the eq settings they are pretty different to what I would go for but they sound spot on to me. More studying required I think.

The Kemper is a great thing really, so much access to other peoples tastes, skills, ideas and equipment. It's certainly making me think about things a bit differently!

Extremely nice profiles by the way :)

Cheers

Andy

• Hi Bob : )

Well yeah EQ can be your best friend but also your worst nightmare, - (dont get me started on that lol)
    SOme EQ's are damaging no matter what...luckily the Kempers EQ lets you do "creative EQ" rather than "Corrective" if you understand my term. - its very musical.
    The Bogner profiles I really dug deep, but had to hold back on any more becasue I didnt know what outcome would be for somone else.

Also a tip here. - When your apply EQ. trying doing it by hearing and not looking. - if you look then you automaticlly, and mathmatically do the right thing. although its actually incorrrect if you see what I mean.. :)

Im oldschool.. give me knobs and i'll twiddle them till i cant no more! : )

• I take back a little what I said earlier, I didn't get to the treadplate model yet, that is quite nice for high gain!!

• Wow, awesome stuff!!
    These should come with the KPA out of the box! Luckily it's a public holiday here in Germany today so I can spend quite some time with these. :thumbup:
    Thanks you so much for this fantastic gift you gave to us all!!!!

Cheers,
    Markus

• Andy: as I've told from the beginning your profiles kills! Thanks so much....damn now I'm back to over 400 rigs.... :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Thankyou for these. I've tried the Bassman, 1957 Twin, AC 30, 1969 Super Reverb. All great. Definitely intend to make a donation.

A couple of questions about the profiling process.

1. Did you have to refine a lot to get an accurate match between Kemper and the reference amp?

2. I notice you have quite a high clean input sensitivity (7.9 compared to Mats' 2.0). Did you find that the amps sound different when you go into them via Kemper than when you play straight in. It's just that I've noticed quite a big volume boost when I go in via Kemper and I have to dial my clean sens down to zero. I think there is some data about this in the post about spdif output levels.

Vintage amp obsessive

• Hi Prof : )

Refining was hit and miss most of the time.. - Sometimes to get an accurate copy, it took about 30/40 secs.. sometimes (the more delicate harmonic tones) i.e baseman/57 etc took a little longer. - I think max was about 5 mins or something..but average played each one about a min or so. - some amps were stubborn though.. and I had to profile it about 8 times before getting a good attempt!..(the plexi) a few sputts and stutters.. (old amp) think kemper nearly killed it.. although I blame the aliens!

The Input sensi varies..I adjusted this to get a more mainstream vol change throughout. - I use vintage guitars mostly so they are low output. so I need to crank mine quite far. 5-6k in the singles. - Some players will have active pickups that can output 12k or something. so hence why they might run at about 2

This is your call really. - dial in to taste and lock it.: )

• Andy

Just shot you a couple o bucks for the killer effort!

I would love to see other people do the same. Hopefully that is happening.

Chad