Is Transpose bugged with the latest official firmware?

• Hi everyone, I am a new Kemper user and I think I just came across a bug in the latest official firmware (7.1.5, I am not doing the beta thing). I always use my Kemper Stage in performance mode, I am using those 5 slots for the 5 basic sounds that I need, Rhythm, Clean, Crunch, Lead and Solo. In a fun sideproject that I am doing with some friends we are playing a couple of songs that need different tunings, everything from standard E to E-flat to D. With my guitars being tuned to E-flat I always used the transpose feature in the Rig menu for all those songs. If I needed a D tuning, I just hit the rig button, set transpose to -1 and then I could use all the slots in my performance without any problems with my guitar being "tuned" to D.

Unfortunately with the latest official firmware this doesn't work anymore. Whatever I set transpose to in the rig menu, as soon as a select a different slot within my performance, the setting of transposed is reset to 0, so as soon as I switch from Rhythm to lead for example, I am kicked out of the selected tuning.

This used to work without any problems on previous firmwares, doesn anybody know if this is a known bug? Will this be fixed?

Cheers

Marcus

• I think this is the expected behavior. Rig settings are different per-performance-slot. You either have to change the transpose setting in all slots and store the performance again, or use the transpose effect in a stomp, and lock it.

It might be possible to lock the transpose in the rig menu, but I don't know a way to do this.

• No, it's not!

All Rig Settings are specific to the Rig and consequently to the Slot. You could lock Volume Pedal with its settings as well as Tempo, but not Transpose in Rig Settings.

I doubt very much this has ever worked the way you describe it. As soon as you load another Slot its specific Transpose setting takes effect. And if you change Slot via foot control even the original Slot you adjusted to -1 will withdraw that change as you didn't even store the Performance according to your description. That behavior has never changed. I tested it also with OS 6 and OS 5.5, which introduced Transpose in Rig Settings.

What you describe can only be achieved by placing Transpose into one of the effect modules and locking that module.

• Thanks a lot for clearing this up for me. My Kemper Stage is behaving exactly as Burkhard described it, so I guess it is behaving the way it is supposed to behave. I must have been mistaken, I thought I could switch between the slots in my performance without resetting the transpose settings. I will do what Burkhard suggested and add a Transpose block into one of the effect modules. Thanks again for the quick answers :)