Rig Manager 3 for iPad/iOS

• The Kemper is so easily controlled with the interface onboard, you are easily covered for adjustments on stage or at rehearsal. For more in depth programming, the editor is very usable.

Maybe if it could be used wirelessly, that would be more tempting.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• It would require you to use Teamviewer to "remote into your PC". You would still be using a PC/Mac to control your KPA (Kemper Profiling Amp) - still a lot of connections if you ask me. Latency also becomes a factor. I'm only saying this as a retired I.T. professional.

Thank You! ...that's what I was presuming, however, open to the idea I'd missed something and could make it work sans PC.

iOS connectivity (cabled or not) would be an awesome addition to our incredible product.

• Initially when he rig manager was released I asked around if a windows 10 tablet would work, the little feedback I received said the controls were too clunky via the touchscreen to be usable.

Even though I’m a IPad Pro devotee, I would be willing to buy another tablet solely for the KPA, so at the very least an update addressing these issues would be appreciated.

I’m personally fine hooking it up with a USB cable.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Hi Delinquent,

Initially when he rig manager was released I asked around if a windows 10 tablet would work, the little feedback I received said the controls were too clunky via the touchscreen to be usable.

Even though I’m a IPad Pro devotee, I would be willing to buy another tablet solely for the KPA, so at the very least an update addressing these issues would be appreciated.

I’m personally fine hooking it up with a USB cable.

I have several Microsoft Surface tablets. Interestingly, the modest Surface 3 running Windows 10 runs Rig Manager well via USB cable. This was the budget Surface released in 2015 with Intel Atom processor, 4 gig ram. Yes, the touch interface is clunky but workable with the Surface Pen or built-in touchpad on the Surface keyboard. From this I'd expect you can run Rig Manager on any of the later Microsoft Surface tablets.

• Hi Delinquent,

I have several Microsoft Surface tablets. Interestingly, the modest Surface 3 running Windows 10 runs Rig Manager well via USB cable. This was the budget Surface released in 2015 with Intel Atom processor, 4 gig ram. Yes, the touch interface is clunky but workable with the Surface Pen or built-in touchpad on the Surface keyboard. From this I'd expect you can run Rig Manager on any of the later Microsoft Surface tablets.

Ok great, thanks for the feedback ST, might give it a go with the surface pen then.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I'm very often a Kemper apologist. Not sure why, but it happens.

This is the one aspect of the Kemper....uhm....ethos, I guess, that I'd like to see updated. The hardware is fundamentally unchanged since 2011. Which for a LOT of reasons is a huge positive.

Mobile apps and/or Bluetooth/WiFi connectivity was a thing for sure, but not nearly as expected as it is today. I won't go so far as to say not having it is a negative, but at best it's neutral.

I'd very much appreciate having a mobile app, wireless or wired (think TC Electronic and Toneprint). Being able to adjust parameters similar to Eventide's H9 (which has an even simpler LED screen and interface) would be solid-gold at rehearsal or live. It would also extend the usability in ways a hardware update couldn't possibly match.

FYI the Kemper Stage has a WiFi module in it. Exciting, eh? :P Click to see photos here.

• Title says it all. I’ll bet that this request comes in at least once a week. I’m also sure Kemper is working on it, or at least has considered it. I’ll bet that there are technical difficulties that are beyond my coding knowledge, but an iPad app would be a game changer, especially for live situations where I want to tweak on the spot.

• Hi,

I do use my iPhone to control my KP-Stage, over a Bluetooth MIDI-dongle, via MIDI-Designer PRO2. The app has a pretty ugly user-interface, is not cheap at 22 €, and it helps to know your way around MIDI-NRPN messages.

Anyway, I am happy to provide my set, that covers the most used parameters.

I attached the file here.

all the best, stay safe!

Omnichordman

• I think IF you do this, you have to do this right and go the full way. Bidirectional Ethernet API for the KPA, socket level communication. Some old school C/C++ coding on these uCs, open ethernet API and voilà ... there you have a platform independent COM stack. This would enable DAW plugins as well, by the way.

How awesome would that be? :love:=O

• Hmmm... I wonder if they'll come out with, or support a USB Wifi module for older units?

I don‘t think so since this is not their core business. The maximum that I could imagine is that they „support“ certain hardware.

For me, it‘s more probable that you have to attach the KPA to a WiFi access point or router. This way, they do not have to mess with additional hardware.