Anyone use a Laptop or tablet on Stage to run your Kemper?

• I was just curious if anyone uses a laptop on stage to run the Rig Manager to select performances. I play in two cover bands and have tried to setup one performance per song. - That is great as long as you stick to the setlist but that never seems to happen and we always keep about 25 songs listed as extras to play to the crowd if needed. I would think it would be easier just to click on the song I need from the laptop rather than trying to scan performance by hand or foot on the Kemper Stage. Now that they have the new Rig Manager I can see even more of an advantage to using a laptop on stage? Please let me know if anyone is doing this now and the pros and cons.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• Yup... I use a relatively inexpensive Android tablet running Bandhelper. I bought a Yamaha MD BT 01 bluetooth Midi adapter.

Tablet sends Midi commands embedded in the songs in Bandhelper, and the Kemper switches to whatever Performance slot you designate.

As long as the tablet and Kemper are within bluetooth range you're good to go.

• Thanks birdman and dmatthews, I guess you learn something new everyday! I was just thinking about having the Rig Manager up and clicking on the Performance needed per song, but now you both gave me something more to consider.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979