More Tills Profiled cabs...

• Whatever it costs, be it in donation form or payment, I'm voting for more Tills cabs.
    A good Fender 1x12, a 2x12, maybe another 4x12, whatever, as long as Tills does the miking. :thumbup:

I don't even know if Tills has the time to do this, but I'm voting for it anyway. :D

• My favourite cab, the Marshall JVMC212 with one Vintage 30 and one Heritage speaker.Also comes with the Marshall TSL100 head.
    And, is also used in the 1923 85th Anniversary combo...basically a DSL50.

• Patience, guys :)

There´s definitely more to come within the next months. My muscular back injury is almost fully recovered. But since my wife had to put on my socks for me 2 weeks ago i think she might kill me if she would see me carrying 4 x 12 cabs :D

Any transport slaves are always welcome ;)

Like i said before, whoever lives in northern Germany and has some interesting stuff to profile, bring it on. Booze for free 8)

• I have an old Mesa 2x12 half open with EV Black Shadows (it weights almost as a 1960) at rehearsal...but I have no amps anymore..and I'm about 8 hours away from you...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Wish I was local, if only to haul stuff for you. Any patch I get that doesnt sound right, I either stick in the Tills recto or marshall cab and I am good to go. If the patch doesnt sound great as is, or with one of those 2 cabs-it's toast. Even the good profiles usually sound better with tills cabs.

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57
    Amp-Axefx2, KPA, G5, GSP1101, RCF, QSC, Matrix, EHX-Mag44

• Tills

I've got two other cabs of yours saved on my KPA, I think I saved them prior to the "Tills" cabs.
    One I named Marshall V30 and the other Marshall V30 T75.
    I'm trying to remember how come I have these two separate from all your others?...they're actually two of my favourites.

• Tills

I've got two other cabs of yours saved on my KPA, I think I saved them prior to the "Tills" cabs.
    One I named Marshall V30 and the other Marshall V30 T75.
    I'm trying to remember how come I have these two separate from all your others?...they're actually two of my favourites.

I think those were some cabs from my first profiling tests. When i changed my files to the name scheme as it is now i tried to integrate most of the usefull stuff. But if you think they are missing right now, i might as well give them a new number in the next update.
    I still got "V30 T75" in backup but i totally forgot acout the other one...

• Could we get you to share some of your secrets to great cab tones? I have many cabs, but not your skills or a way to get the cabs to you. My partial list:

1972 Marshall slant (stock celestions w/pulsonic cones)

1972 Marshall Straight (stock celestions w/pulsonic cones)

1976 Marshall slant (stock blackbacks)

3x JCM800 Marshall slant (G75s)

Marshall vintage slant (V30s)

Marshall vintage straight (V30s)

JCM800 marshall straight (G75s)

Custom Randall 4x12 w/V30s (made for their VP of marketing)

Mesa Recto Oversize 4x12 w/Armor

Mesa Boogie 4x12 1/2 back w/C90s and EV12Ms

Mesa Boogie 1/2 back 2x12 w/C90 and EV12M

Custom 4x12 w/V30s

Bogner Ecstasy w/V30s

2 ADA split stacks w/50 watt celestions

Randall 2x12 w/V30s

...and a few more that I probably am forgetting. Anyways, I'd LOVE some help on how to best mic these things. What are you using and how? Thanks!

Pete

• Hi Pete,

you have an amazing collection... :thumbup:

Like i said before, there is no real secret. The stuff i used and its settings can be found in this thread:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…page=Thread&threadID=3143

Apart from this i cannot really say which "ingredients" have a certain effect on the resulting cab profile. I will try to investigate further on this but it´s not so easy since there is also some interaction from the preamp tone that seems to "bleed" through and reflects on the resulting cab profile. I have a feeling that the JVM which i use for profiling plays a certain role with its setting to produce much high end and much low end. Perhaps also the guitar used for refining plays a role. It also has a very wide frequency range. The interesting thing is, that some of the resulting rigs of the cab profiling sessions didnt sound good at all. But when you just save the cab, and use it with another rig it might be great. So really a lot of the magic just happens by accident. So it absoultely makes sense to also try extreme settings on your amps and also the submixer EQ. Even though the resulting rig might be useless, the cab portion might be great.

What i have done is to just start with a condenser and a SM57, both in their sweet spots, with the SM57 a little more off axis. Only listen to the condenser on the submixer and then slowly blend in the 57 until it becomes slightly audible with its midrange frequencies. Then i just did multiple profile and played the submixers EQ settings. This seems to have a very different effect on the cab than just tweaking the amp EQ. Then back in browse mode, save the cabs of the resulting rigs. Then use a rig that you like, lock the amp, EQ, Stomps and effects section and just browse through the cabs. This way you will quickly learn which settings give you certain results.

Afterwards, repeat the same procedure with other parameters.