New to kemper, want Clean/ Light driven Profiles

• Hey guys, new to the kemper scene. So happy with my new stage profiler. I’m after someone to point me in the direction of some good profiles to get going with. I’m after plenty of chimey clean sounds, and amps with mild gain nothing hi gain. The best quality profiles are basically what I’m after.

Cheers

• Welcome to the forum! The favorite rig that meets this description is the rmpacheco Morgan AC20, which is free on the Rig Exchange. It's my #1, but I did change the cab to one of the commercial Celestion Blues. Enjoy!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• There are a lot of good sounds on Rig Exchange. There are also a lot of crap sounds.

I totally agree with Zappledan's suggestion of the AC20. That's a great profile. Author HAYS has a '67 Champ I like that's very clean. I'd also peruse the free Rig Packs in Rig Manager. All of those are quality. Each author has flavors they tend toward.

I wouldn't suggest going out and throwing a bunch of money at profiles just yet. TONS of sample packs available. It can get like auditioning IRs, where you've got so many choices you don't know which end is up.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The favorite rig that meets this description is the rmpacheco Morgan AC20, which is free on the Rig Exchange.

A legendary one which I like as well.

TONS of sample packs available.

Have a look at the commercial profilers via free packs to find out what style suits you.

Additionally look at the RigExchange and filter for profiles which have many votes and high rating and a low gain rating.

• I really like the sound of an AC30 for clean tones with humbuckers and P90s. I use the Michael Britt 65 ACE30 pack.

For more sparkly single coil stuff I use profiles from the Tweedy and D-Pack collections (also Britt).

Make sure you turn up for the clean sounds and if you knock a bit of spike off the top, turn up to compensate. ?

• Tone Junkie has tons of really good clean/cleanish profiles of several different amps.

As they themselves seems to be into Praise & Worship music I guess clean and low/medium gain sounds are the ones the favoured by them (even if they also have lots of profiles with higher gain settings). I really enjoy them.

Before buying they are generous with many FREE packs with samples of amps profiled.

On their site they also have many useful Kemper Tips & Tricks, well worth checking out.

And no, I'm not affiliated with Tone Junkie - I'm a happy paying customer :)

Good luck

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3