problem browsing and choosing effects

• Having some issues choosing effects on the fly using my Kemper rack unit and I'm hoping its something simple that I'm missing. At rehearsal I decide to scroll thru the effects list using the front panel on the unit to find an octave effect to use, no big deal right? I can see a few choices to use, but I can never seem to navigate all the way to the right of the screen to actually select the preset I want to use. Somehow I can only scroll back and forth thru the effect categories, delays reverb etc., but not actually select an effect. Can someone explain, or point me in the direction of a tutorial that will show me how to actually select a preset using the front panel and buttons on the unit? Thanks in advance! ?(

• Sounds to me like you are just using the Type knob on the left side of the display and not the Browse knob on the right side which should allow you to select different types of an effect. After selecting with the Browse knob the effect can be used - and edited via the knobs below the display.

Which unit do you have: Toaster, Rack or Stage? Which software version? There might be differences. I can only judge it for Rack, Software version 6.0.

• The Effect Selection Page and all its functions are explained right at the beginning of the Main Manual in chapter "Rigs and Signal Chain".

Selecting a category in the left column,

selecting a type in the middle column and loading it either manually or automatically while all other effect settings are maintained,

selecting and loading an effect preset in the right column either automatically or manually including all effect settings,

selecting the headline in the right column associated with an effect type in order to load an effect with its default settings,

clearing an effect module,....

all these powerful functions are explained. Strongly recommended reading, because otherwise you might just be scratching the surface of the capabilities.

• Thanks everyone! Will try the Browse knob this weekend and hopefully that solves the issue. I hate the holidays, seems like every time I think I have free time to dive into this unit lately, life takes over and puts all my Kemper fun on the back burner. :rolleyes: