Focusrite 6i6 SPDIF noise

• I had a crackle noise that was driving me nuts every time i used the spdif cable. I solved this by clicking an option called “low latency monitoring” in my DAW (pro tools). Hope this helps some else.

• Got a 6i6 too, get sure you switch to S/PDIF Clock source when recording from the KPA , and also setup the same sample rate that you have in your KPA ( 44 Khz for both for me) . Check the icon with the gearing. Clicks should go away !

You have to switch back to internal clock source when you switch off the KPA, or you won't have any audio from the 6i6

It's andy to have a focusrite control shorcut on your desktop.

This is boring because as far as I know the KPA cannot be used as a slave device .

• Got a 6i6 too, get sure you switch to S/PDIF Clock source when recording from the KPA , and also setup the same sample rate that you have in your KPA ( 44 Khz for both for me) .

Yes. I try the reamping with 2 others input channels too, in real time recording.

I had the same problem, I solve it with this software just to evaluate my cpu capacities ... "latencymon" (on win, there are free for home using) And I set a higher sampling rate. with Apple devices did not have this problem because everything adjusts automatically

• I have the same soundcard and it took me MONTHS to sort this issue out. I was correctly setting the S/PDIF clock source and sample rate on the Focusrite Control software, but apparently that wasn't enough. I was still running into the issue! What finally solved for me was setting these values via the "Audio & Midi" options on my Mac.

I posted about it here Very rare crackling in recording with SPDIF