Unable to delete performance - causing stage to crash.

• Hi,

I created a performance but something has corrupted. Now when I load that performance the Stage just switches off, no error message or anything.

I'm trying to delete it, but the delete button is greyed out in rig manager and I need to select the performance on the unit in order to delete it from there?

Using the latest beta firmware/rig manager.

thanks!

• Clearly a bug.

As a workaround, try copying an empty performance in RM and pasting it over the offending one.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Same here. Installed Rig Manger Beta 2 and was editing performances. Rig Manager crashed and now it crashes every time when it tries to sync performances with the kemper on startup.
    Also the Kemper crashes with the error above when i switch it to performance mode.

• Restoring a backup has fixed this issue for now. meaning I revert back to older firmware if I want a reliable unit live!! So many bugs. Surely Kemper would have a few guitarists trying to break the software before a release. Why are we the customers the lab rats??? very poor experience

• If you put the Toaster in Browse mode, you should be able to drop a new performance onto the corrupted one using RM. That's what fixed it for me.

Then I re-created what was once there.

• Restoring a backup has fixed this issue for now. meaning I revert back to older firmware if I want a reliable unit live!! So many bugs. Surely Kemper would have a few guitarists trying to break the software before a release. Why are we the customers the lab rats??? very poor experience.

I used to test software for a living. It wasn't music software, but, my guess is Kemper takes a similar approach.

The software company would design the changes, perform their own Alpha Testing, then they would have third party Private Beta testing. After that, Public Beta Testing would be performed. The actual Production Release would follow.

Alpha and Private Beta testing were always likely to discover issues that would be corrected before Public Beta testing would begin. The usual reason for Public Beta Testing is this: The sheer number of Public Beta Test volunteers make it more likely for any remaining issues to be discovered in a relatively short period of time.

Public Beta Testing isn't for everyone - it requires a lot of extra effort. The safest way to do it at the same time as gigs and recording is to make Backups, then install the Beta software, do the testing, provide testing feedback, and then reinstall the Production software, and restore the backups.

As it indicates in the Beta documentation, Kemper recommends not using Public Beta software any Production use - that would definitely include live performances.

• Restoring a backup has fixed this issue for now. meaning I revert back to older firmware if I want a reliable unit live!! So many bugs. Surely Kemper would have a few guitarists trying to break the software before a release. Why are we the customers the lab rats??? very poor experience

Public betas and their problems are 100% normal. Literally expected. Besides, we (Kemper owners) basically pleaded with them to release something. The original RM3.0 discussion is 2,800+ posts worth of (whining for) this. Me included.

From Apple releasing betas of iOS to Kemper. Of course there are a *LOT* of bugs. It’s beta software - unfinished. In this case both the OS and RM.

Kemper even cautions users:

Should I use this public beta within a production or wait for a final release?

If nothing is broken it is probably a good idea to stick with your current workflow. On the other hand, this public beta version opens up new possibilities in Rig management and will ease the search for the right Rig.

It is simply unfair to judge the experience on two pieces of clearly unfinished software.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche