The Kemper Foot Controller: A Proposal

• Hey Stemast, could you explain this to me? Why couldn't those that want to tap tempo just use a boss FS-5U or similar plugged into the foot controller....I'm not understanding...[/quote]

Well, it's a bit to much to have another foot controller assigned for just the tap, especially when you usually have at least two in front of you (expression, volume).
    Standard practice to some boards is to be in conjunction with the Tuner button ( long press= tuner, tap=.........tap :wacko: )
    That's my two pennies anyway.

• If it's still time to vote, I'd go for 6, Rigs and Right :)

At the bottom I'd have a 4 Rigs, Boost and Tap
    At the second row the 4 multi-leds switch and bank
    Top: Screen, Input/Tuner and maybe Looper.

When I mean "RIG", I mainly mean a way to switch between Channels (Presets) from Clean to Crunch, to Drive or Solo, etc...
    When I'll go to a new song, I could just press the next Bank switch and the first Channel will be selected.

I wish we could have "dual-amp" (Rig A and B) to get two different Amp model (for more Channels/Presets) or even to have them together. I don't know if the KPA is capable to run two complete Rig in the same time... if yes, a top left switch to select the Rig A or B would be great. If not, a programable "2nd" switch would still do the trick, to get more choices and perhaps even program the 4 multi-function switch for Pre Stomps by default and then for Post Effects with the 2nd switch activated.

PS: I don't know how "clear" the LCD display could be, but a very bright red Rig number indicator (on the left side of the display), just like the G-System, would be great to quickly read it, even from distance.

Just thinking out loud...

Phil

• Current votes:

-FX on bottom row:
    MoreK, killihan, Chris Beaver, richaxes, guitarnet70, TMV, vibracore (il padrino), stumcc
    8 votes

-Rigs on bottom row:
    DanielRigler, Steeldom, Vitchpat1, schneidas, RAPH, ace, jakeykim, JoeBlob, luntho, imall41(vote changed), Gibson, Froschn, Acker, Zappledan (vote changed), Spid, mDan, JimmyNo
    17 votes

-Neutral:
    and44, Guitartone, Stemast (vote changed), Doc (vote changed), BRUNO
    5 votes

Edited 4 times, last by schneidas ().

• I think its a really bad idea to have asked the users how the foot control is manufactured

there will always be different opinions
    ck your way to the factory and we will take it as is

if not in 10 years there will always be trying to wait X(

• I don't really get the point in making this non-configurable.
    Who needs 4 LEDs for a button, personally I don't care - a bicolor LED with a solution as in the MFC would be totally fine for me - if I don't know which FX I put into which Slot then LEDs don't really help?

But for the vote: I'd prefer rigs in the button row.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I think its a really bad idea to have asked the users how the foot control is manufactured

there will always be different opinions
    ck your way to the factory and we will take it as is

if not in 10 years there will always be trying to wait X(

Salut Loulou,

Well for sure there will never be a consensus on the pedal board but lots of good ideas have been discussed here. Now I am in agreement that if CK want to release the product by year end we will have to conclude thus the importance of schneidas stats :D

• I don't really get the point in making this non-configurable.
    Who needs 4 LEDs for a button, personally I don't care - a bicolor LED with a solution as in the MFC would be totally fine for me - if I don't know which FX I put into which Slot then LEDs don't really help?

But for the vote: I'd prefer rigs in the button row.

:thumbup: Totally agree! No need for 4 LED to show stomp, rather have the opportunity to switch witch row FX/Rig shut be in. that way it will suit all´s need, and every ones happy. :) :)

• Unique:
    Up to two effects will be displayed by a color LED and On-LED. By these lights you can see if the two effects go on simultaneously or will be swapped.

CK

The above quoted description of CK's vision for the functioning of the four FX-button leds (if implemented) is not possible with just one led per button even if multicoloured. Just something to keep in mind while discussing the leds.

• FX switches on the bottom row please. Presets above that.
    I'll use one amp & switch fx in & out when required (as I'm sure most people will).
    Tap tempo also essential & at least one expression pedal would be handy.
    If you have a quick changeover at gigs then you're moving one board on & off as opposed to trailing an attached expression behind you. If no expression pedal on the foot controller then you're building a board up adding unnecessary weight & size. This makes it worse for flyaway gigs.

• since it didn't get much attention, i'll just post this again, sorry:

• i'll add this: if it's gonna be rigs at the bottom, i could live with tap in the second row, just to stick to the more compact design... or just 4 rigs + tap... i don't care - keep it small...!!! 8o