The Kemper Foot Controller: A Proposal

• Why not use the MFC-101 lay out (what am I saying ???)
    So an extra row of patch switches.
    - phantom power via usb or midi
    - patch names on screen
    - midi in, out and through
    - led colour choise in respect with colour blind people
    - steel contruction
    - strong switches

CK you also have drawings of the front and back of the 19" 3U version? Would gladly advice you on the lay out of these :-).

• I like this layout a lot as it makes the foot controller even more compact.

One of Robman's layouts could be fine as well.

PS: CK, thanks for this thread!

• I am sure that I am in the minority but I would really like one of these with at least one expression pedal built in.

+1, absolutely needed IMO, not everyone can afford an exp pedal that is quality enough.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Cause we don't want a monster that is half of the profiliers price.

How could led colours be for colour blind people? We use 7 colours.

• this is great - i'm fed up with expensive monsters... ;)

since there will be lots of leds, it would be cool to be able to adjust their brightness... just sayin...

• Hi,

Here is a question :

How big will be the screen, what will be its colour(s) ? I'm planning to use one live so I must be able to see easily the patch name/number in either dark or sunny conditions(I don't know if it is possible)

Thank you,
    Laurent

Laurent

• I forgot to add the following question :

Is it possible on such a floorboard to get the following configuration ?

switch 1 2 3 4 5
    rig 1 2 3 4 Favourite rig

I would like to have the possibility to recall a favorite rig that would be assigned to switch 5 for example, from any bank.

Thank you,
    Laurent

Laurent

• Hey Chris,

I like the original design, and I like decent spacing between the buttons (I've got big feet).

And thanks for making an effort to keep the cost down. I don't understand the need for attached continuous controller pedals...

• i'm sure you will be able to program it to work like that. even with a programmable MIDI board, it's possible ;)

• Like the layout but would prefer to see it match the creme/hunter green color scheme of the Kemper so that it's eye-catching and can't be confused with the floorboards from those other manufacturers
    still doing that cheesy modeling stuff.

• Cause we don't want a monster that is half of the profiliers price.

How could led colours be for colour blind people? We use 7 colours.

Ok it is all about choices. Then please do not make it wider then 19" so it can fit in a rack and make it sturdy from aluminium or metal. Colour blind people can not see the difference between red en green. That is why they have problems working with the mfc-101. But when using an on and of light, instead of red and green, solves this problem.

Any drawings of the 3U 19" front and back?

• Nitpicking mode on/

I'm using a variax cable for my G-system, it's a standard RJ45 network cable but rugged and with Neutrik connectors so "road worthy".
    Probably not possible since there's a standard RJ45 connector on the KPA backpanel but it would be nice if I could use the same cable to connect the new foot controller when it comes out, at least on the FC side (it's of course completely compatible with "normal" network plugs).

• Nitpicking mode on/

I'm using a variax cable for my G-system, it's a standard RJ45 network cable but rugged and with Neutrik connectors so "road worthy".
    Probably not possible since there's a standard RJ45 connector on the KPA backpanel but it would be nice if I could use the same cable to connect the new foot controller when it comes out, at least on the FC side (it's of course completely compatible with "normal" network plugs).

+1 for the neutrik connector. The side of the FC is the one that get kicked and bumped.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff