The Kemper Foot Controller: A Proposal

• Just an overall volume boost should be fine. You can set the range from say 3db to 15db (or whatever your need is).

All of these additional "boost" ideas really overcomplicate things in my opinion.

Keep it simple - just the volume boost as needed. As soon as you start getting into "gain" boosts and the like, you might as well use a separate profile for any sound coloration. Most people like their boost tone, they just want 'more' of it in terms of volume.

My vote - VOLUME BOOST.

• There's already a Pure Booster option in EFFECTS, wouldn't that work fine for this?

As i wrote in my post i love the pure booster in the FX section, indeed i use two of them, one before the stack (gain boost) and one after (volume boost).
    Since they are just a change in the Gain and Volume knob i'd like them to be implemented in the stack section, so i could save two FX slots, as i wrote in my post.
    That's it ;)

• I believe this thread is gone "slightly" OT...... 8|

Exactly the reason I opened another thread, dedicated to the "boost" function. If CK decides to implement a boost function, then of course we have to discuss whether or not we should have a button for it on the footcontroller :)

• [/quote]

So I also am looking for a solution with all I need on board. So at least one expression pedal would be great. I know my subjective opinion is not important, but I don't like the idea of bringing stuff together on a self built board. I don't think I would.
    [/quote]

LIKE :)

my current Gear: Custom Strat´s (Konstinger Ultimate Guitars), VoVox Cables, KPA, Custom Floor Board, Line6 G50 Wireless, Sennheiser IN Ear, Motu Ultralite mk3, Genelec 1030A, Neumann TLM 103, Apple Audio/Video Stuff

Edited 2 times, last by konstinger ().

• Let me tell you what my plan for the boost is:
    I like not to create too many paradigms.
    A boost should be tied to a stomp box, and not be an extra funtion.
    Every stomp box has a volume parameter that penetrates the gain of the following amp, as you know.
    The pure booster is even neutral to the sound and only performs this boost.
    What it cannot do is boost the gain of the amp and boost the volume at the same time.

I want to add a simple "Master Boost" parameter for every stomp box in the STOMPS section (You wouldn't need this in the EFFECTS section).
    This lets the output volume boost whenever this stomp is engaged.
    It will save an additional boost effect in the effect section.

In the end you can perform three different things by pressing one button: Engage a distortion pedal with its own sound character, boost the distortion gain and boost the volume.
    If you lock that stomp then you have your ever present boost button.

If you want more than that (Delay parameters), you should really go for a second rig.

CK

• :thumbup: Thats just plain awesome. A pre-amp stomp, that can raise the post-amp volume. Perfect!

• Brilliant solution CK!
    it gives enough flexibility, thus this doesn't make it too complicated.
    +1

• I want to add a simple "Master Boost" parameter for every stomp box in the STOMPS section (You wouldn't need this in the EFFECTS section).
    This lets the output volume boost whenever this stomp is engaged.
    It will save an additional boost effect in the effect section.

CK

That would work for me, definitely!
    :thumbup: