The Kemper Foot Controller: A Proposal

• Great solution for the Boost... it would be more than enough.

just to keep track, this is what my favorite kemper green (uni-sex) controller would look like now... and to warm up an old thought - a modular system (OPTIONAL!!!) with one or two expression - pedals would be cool for sure...

[Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8557148/fotos/_transfer/temporary/KFC_c3.gif]

Nice design, but I have one thing that bother me...(the same way it bother me to only have 3 Loops switches on the G-System that have 5 Audio Loops)

I want to independently turn on/off stomps pedals with the I, II, III, IV switches, but how can we do it for Effects? (I do believe that 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are for Presets, right?... why 5 btw, it's really odd). I do believe we can have several control behind the I, II, III, IV switches, but I need independent controls for Stomps and for Effects.

Is that something you plan to have or not at all?
    If not, in my case that's a no-no.

Phil

• Phil: that was just a design proposal from a member, nothing official. Though I know that @ Kemper they are not so keen for something like the MFC 101 with a switch for everything. If this is what you're looking for, then probably the new Rocktron Midi Raider should do the job...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Though I know that @ Kemper they are not so keen for something like the MFC 101 with a switch for everything.

Too bad, because I like the layout (3 x 6) a lot which could be interesting if you have 4 Presets, 4 Stomps and 4 Effects and 6 functions switches (boost, tap, bank, etc...)

• hi,

i'd like to see switching between two settings of one effect/stomp/(amp?):

1.) off <-> on (setting1) - as usual

2.) setting1 <-> setting2 - different gain/volume/feedback/mix ...

so you can also have boost (volume/gain) + more delay/reverb with one step

tschüss

• I want to follow up on this thread.
    First of all: thank you all for your opinions and proposals.

The free space on the left top corner was indeed reservated for a Looper button.

I could also imagine a more compact layout with five buttons per row only, as some of you proposed.
    The looper function could be engaged by holding one of the bank buttons or the tuner button this case.

Another drawback of the five button design is that the bank buttons had to go to the third row.
    But maybe that is a convenient compromise concerning the smaller size.

The position of the display is variable, it could sit in the middle but maybe better on the left side.
    And for sure the display will show rig names, tuner etc.

Please give me some opinions for the following questions. The questions do not depend in each other.

Would you like
    - The six button design (bank buttons second row) or five button design (bank buttons third row)?
    - The bank buttons left aligned or right aligned? (Some might like to use the left food while playing cause you don't move the guitar by your left leg)
    - The rig buttons or the effect buttons on the lowest row?

Thanks for your answers!

CK

Edited once, last by ckemper ().

• Would you like
    - The six button design (bank buttons second row) or five button design (bank buttons third row)?
    - The bank buttons left aligned or right aligned? (Some might like to use the left food while playing cause you don't move the guitar by your left leg)

- right
    - FX

Again...this is just me

Thanks for involving us in the process! :thumbup:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I'm all for a 6 button design.
    Bank buttons left.
    Effect buttons lowest row.
    Thanks for listening.

• Would you like

6 (the more rows the more difficult to use IMO)
    right
    effects

Thanks for allowing input :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• i'm happy to see this thread is still alive and i'm thrilled that the looper is still being considered... ;)
    no surprise answers from me:

definietely: 5, right, fx - as shown in my latest proposals... thanks for listening!!! :thumbup:

Edited once, last by kilihahn ().

• 6 buttons, bank to the right, preset in the bottom row.

But if you decide to put the bank buttons in a third row the preset buttons should be in the middle and the fx in the bottom row, since they shouldn't be seperated by a line of fx button IMO.

• -6 buttons
    -right
    -rigs definitely on the lowest row!!!

(P.s. how can some of you guys want rigs in the middle? This would be way too awkward!)