The Kemper Foot Controller: A Proposal

• how can some of you guys want rigs in the middle? This would be way too awkward

It all depends how you're used to work. I tend rarely to change rig during a song, I instead prefer to use the volume on the guitar and the stomps

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Christoph: what about a blank design where the buttons are not pre-assigned to specific functions and a few layout presets that allows you to swap the rigs row with the stomps one or move the banks from left to right or configure it the way you like it (ex: press and hold a button to assign the function from the available ones from a scroll menu). The design would have to be simmetrical and the labels could be magnetic (like the ones available for the MFC 101 or the GCP). This would make it by far the most flexible proprietary controller on the market.
    Just an idea... :whistling:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Christoph: what about a blank design where the buttons are not pre-assigned to specific functions and a few layout presets that allows you to swap the rigs row with the stomps one or move the banks from left to right or configure it the way you like it (ex: press and hold a button to assign the function from the available ones from a scroll menu). The design would have to be simmetrical and the labels could be magnetic (like the ones available for the MFC 101 or the GCP). This would make it by far the most flexible proprietary controller on the market.

Yup this! exactly nails it all for me.
    gimme a floorboard with buttons and let me decide how I want to tap dance :)

• It all depends how you're used to work. I tend rarely to change rig during a song, I instead prefer to use the volume on the guitar and the stomps

Ok, then it is a matter of genre.
    As a more rock/metal oriented player, some songs would require me to change multiple rigs during 1 song (clean, semi-dirty, full blown metal, solo sound etc.). Plus, it does not require much effect use...

And a great idea it is! If it is possible... :)
    (The only prob I see is with the LED's above the buttons that CK mentioned)

• Would you like
    - The six button design (bank buttons second row) or five button design (bank buttons third row)?
    - The bank buttons left aligned or right aligned? (Some might like to use the left food while playing cause you don't move the guitar by your left leg)
    - The rig buttons or the effect buttons on the lowest row?

6 button
    right
    Rigs

• Would you like
    - The six button design (bank buttons second row) or five button design (bank buttons third row)?
    - The bank buttons left aligned or right aligned? (Some might like to use the left food while playing cause you don't move the guitar by your left leg)
    - The rig buttons or the effect buttons on the lowest row?

- right
    - rig

• Many of you choose the 6 buttons per row. Is this because you want the bank buttons closer?

In my case yes. The question is how the bank buttons will work.
    E.G. if you're on preset 2C and you press "bank up" will you get to 3C automatically or will it get you into some kind of "browse mode" where you then have to choose the preset of the bank you just selected? (thats the way the line6 stuff works)

• Late to the party, but I would go for
    - 5 buttons/three rows (I like the smaller size),
    - bank buttons right (right's my better "switching foot")
    - FX on bottom (usually would switch these on/off more often than rigs during playing, rig changes usually only inbetween songs)

• I want to add a simple "Master Boost" parameter for every stomp box in the STOMPS section (You wouldn't need this in the EFFECTS section).
    This lets the output volume boost whenever this stomp is engaged.
    It will save an additional boost effect in the effect section.

For me that sounds awesome. A way to boost the volume post amp without the need to waste one of the effects blocks, that's like giving me one additional effects block. Great! :thumbup:

• What about connecting an exp pedal as volume and use the volume post fx (rig menu)?

That's what I already have. But a volume pedal is more to find a certain volume for a whole song or a sequence of similar songs. I don't use the pedal for short boosts. That would drive the FOH people crazy...when they found a balance of the signals that works, they don't like someone always changing his basic volume. A static boostlevel and something to switch on and off instead of finding the position again and again is far easier to use. Imho, ymmv.

• In my case yes. The question is how the bank buttons will work.
    E.G. if you're on preset 2C and you press "bank up" will you get to 3C automatically or will it get you into some kind of "browse mode" where you then have to choose the preset of the bank you just selected? (thats the way the line6 stuff works)

The latter: you have to press a rig button to activate a bank.
    In Performance Mode (yet to come) which is a song mode, I could think of a preference that the first rig of the new bank is selected, when you press a bank button.

• In Performance Mode (yet to come) which is a song mode, I could think of a preference that the first rig of the new bank is selected, when you press a bank button.

I think if this was a switchable feature it would be really cool, since peoples preferences are probably different here.

i'm happy to see this thread is still alive and i'm thrilled that the looper is still being considered... ;)
    no surprise answers from me:

definietely: 5, right, fx - as shown in my latest proposals... thanks for listening!!! :thumbup:

5, right, fx :whistling:

Manipulating the statistic, eh? :P

EDIT: Both quotes are from kilihahn, doesn't show for some reason...