POLL - [RM] Register *.krig (profile) files, so doubleclicking on them will open them in Rig Manager

• Open profiles files in Rig Manager for preview in Kemper by (double)clicking on *.krig files 24

1. Yes, that would save much time and ease process of trying profiles (11) 46%
    2. Meh, I don't need it. I prefer downloading, unzipping, opening Rig Manager, creating folder and dragging profiles there (13) 54%

In my opinion it would be very convenient to be able to open *.krig (profile) files, just simply by doubleclicking on them or clicking on the URL i.e. "http://profiles_seller.com/ sample_ pack/try_this_profile. krig"

I imagine, that after opening profile file, Rig Manager would be launched, with question, if this profile should be loaded into Kemper to try it out.

The profile could be loaded into temporary (configurable) directory in Local Library.

Edited 4 times, last by skoczy ().

• This sort of approach always created a mess in my busy iTunes application. You would end up with loads of disorganised profiles in Rig Manager, so I probably wouldn't be a fan.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• This sort of approach always created a mess in my busy iTunes application. You would end up with loads of disorganised profiles in Rig Manager, so I probably wouldn't be a fan.

The please vote accordingly ;)

The "mess" would only exist in configurable temporary folder. The profiles you like, you would drag onto some folders in local library, others go to hell.

• The please vote accordingly ;)

The "mess" would only exist in configurable temporary folder. The profiles you like, you would drag onto some folders in local library, others go to hell.

Good point. I do have a temporary folder for that sort of thing anyway:-)

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Well, .kipr files default to opening RM and can also be set to do so using Get Info on OSX, so I guess that's what you're talking about, Brother Skocz? They also adopt appropriate icons.

If indeed this is what you're talking about, I'd say it's surely just a matter of time 'til this is done for .krig files. Perhaps it wasn't a priority during development and this initial phase of public betas.

• Well, .kipr files default to opening RM and can also be set to do so using Get Info on OSX, so I guess that's what you're talking about, Brother Skocz? They also adopt appropriate icons.

If indeed this is what you're talking about, I'd say it's surely just a matter of time 'til this is done for .krig files. Perhaps it wasn't a priority during development and this initial phase of public betas.

Thanks Nicky for chiming in. In Windows 10 *.kipr files ain't registered to any app. I can double click on *.kipr file (no appropriate icons, just blank ones) and point it to be opened with Rig Manager, then Rig Manager opens, but not with profile which I clicked, but on last remembered location...

I'm talking about, opening *.kipr (also with *.krig) this way:

1) Doubleclick on *.kipr file

2) Rig Manager starts (or is already opened)

3) When Rig Manager is started, dialog is displayed ("Do you want to preview this file?")

4) If "Yes", profile would be loaded into Kemper and stored in configurable folder in local library (i.e. "Trying_Profiles")

5) If "No", nothing would be loaded into Kemper, simply.

On OSX while you open *.kipr file with Rig Manager, what happens?

• Thanks Nicky for chiming in

My pleasure, Brother Skocz.

On OSX while you open *.kipr file with Rig Manager, what happens?

None of the fancy stuff you're asking for, unfortunately mate:

If I double-click a .kipr file, RM opens.

If RM is already-open, double-clicking a .kipr file simply shifts the focus to RM.

In neither case is the Rig visible in RM.

The only thing I can't check is whether or not it's sent to the KPA's edit buffer.

• None of the fancy stuff you're asking for, unfortunately mate:

If I double-click a .kipr file, RM opens.

If RM is already-open, double-clicking a .kipr file simply shifts the focus to RM.

In neither case is the Rig visible in RM.

Well, it's not that fancy stuff, it happens since modern OS's are here. Filetype is registered in the system, and doubleclicking ot it launches application with the file referenced.