Switching cabinets? The right way to do it?

• Hello Kempers!

I finally got my Kemper and I have a question! I searched in the forum and I read the whole big manual. But there are still some questions left (to me).

When I change / switch the cabinet in a rig. What is happening exactly?

Questions:

1) Where are those cabs in the list come from? From other rigs in my kemper? From kemper it self like a library?

2) Is it okay to change cabs from non-merged profiles? If yes, how accurate is it like I would change it reallife?

3) If I'm using a merged rig profile, can I make sure to use cabs from merged profiles aswell? or what cabs are used?

Thanks you guys so much!

• 1. Cabs are usually from other rigs, unless you load some IRs of your own.

2. It's fine to change cabs with merged profiles. It's not as 'accurate' as a normal IR or from a direct profile. But the results can be quite good.

3. You can use whatever cabs you like. If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. There is no 'right' way here.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• When you open the cabinet module and turn the BROWSE knob, you can either select "From Rigs", which means you are now selectively browsing the cabinets from the other Rigs in your browse pool or you select "Presets". The PROFILER comes with 18 presets, which are based on impulse responses provided by Celestion. But you could create your own cabinet presets, either storing just the cabinet from any Rig as a cabinet preset or by importing an impulse response. Before Rig Manager 3 you need to use our CabMaker utility to transform an impulse response into a cabinet preset, that you can import. Since Rig Manager 3 (beta) this transformation capability is included, so you just need to drag & drop an impulse response into the preset area of Rig Manager.

• Those are unrelated topics.

The cabinet presets based on Celestion IRs can be used like any other cabinet presets with any full-range monitoring (cabinets, headphones, in-ears) and equally with KEMPER Kabinet and KEMPER Kone in full-range mode.

KEMPER Kabinet and KEMPER Kone have to be connected to the SPEAKER OUTPUT of a PowerHead or PowerRack. Alternatively, these can be driven by an external (ideally neutral) power amp connected to the MONITOR OUPUT of any PROFILER model.

With KEMPER Kabinet/Kone you will have an additional option: Instead of using the KEMPER Kabinet and KEMPER Kone as full-range you can configure these to emulate a specific guitar chassis. In this special mode the guitar speaker simulation of the Rig gets suppressed for the MONITOR OUPUT (and SPEAKER OUTPUT) selectively and an "imprint" of a particular chassis takes effect. There is a fixed list of chassis to choose from in the OS, which might evolve over time. Now KEMPER Kone sounds like a particular Celestion or Godman or …. chassis in the room and before microphone.

• With KEMPER Kabinet/Kone you will have an additional option: Instead of using the KEMPER Kabinet and KEMPER Kone as full-range you can configure these to emulate a specific guitar chassis. In this special mode the guitar speaker simulation of the Rig gets suppressed for the MONITOR OUPUT (and SPEAKER OUTPUT) selectively and an "imprint" of a particular chassis takes effect. There is a fixed list of chassis to choose from in the OS, which might evolve over time. Now KEMPER Kone sounds like a particular Celestion or Godman or …. chassis in the room and before microphone.

That reads awesome !

In my understanding this fixed list of Chassis to choose from the OS will be these above mentioned 18 "Presets". Is that correct?

• No, these "presets" are presets and no imprints. Presets are data that you can add and delete. The 18 Celestion presets are included in the preinstalled factory content since a while and also available for upgraders in Rig Manager. You could acquire more impulse responses and migrate those into cabinet presets and import those as well. The imprints will be "hardcoded" and a different selection of chassis of various brands.

• Hello. I have the same question but I am struggling with changing cabinets in the new Rig Manager 3 beta. I have all the latest beta update for the Kemper and Rig Manager. I have been able to load IR's but I was wondering how to audition cabinets from other profiles. I drag and dropped a different profile onto the Amp section in RM and it either doesn't change the cabinet, or it does change it but then you can't change it after that. It is stuck... Same with IR's.

Is there a correct way to audition cabs only from a variety of profiles within Rig Manager? Or do the cabs need to be converted to a preset like the IR's? Thanks in advance for any help!

• Just reporting back on my issue... I installed the latest release versions of Rig Manager and the Kemper OS. I locked everything but the cabinet in the editor section and the cabinets do not change when dragging and dropping profiles onto the cabinet icon in the editor. I am looking at the cab name in the bottom left of the editor and I do not hear a change in the sound of the cabinet when doing the so I amuse it is not working.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

• Same as you did, tried to change the cab but it doesn't work. I locked the amp, then selected a rig and dragged to the cab box. The symbol shown is a circle with a 45° line. Definitely not the good procedure.

• It doesn't seem to be working with drag and drop at the moment but just double click on the rig and it will load the cabinet.

The name in the bottom left doesn't change on mine either (that's a bug) but the cabinet does change. I can tell by the fact that the sound changes and by looking in the rig inspector details on the right hand side.

• I'm a bit confused, and surely don't understand the procedure. Let's say I want to change the cab for Rig A by using the one set for rig B.

By double clicking on rig B , it's loaded in the profiler and in edition mode in the editor, then I can't do anything for rig A. What do I miss ?

• Lock Everything Except Cab.

Now double click on Rig B.

You now have Rig A plus the cab for Rig B. If you decide you don't like Rig B then go on to Rig C etc etc until you find the cab you like.

Now you could either Save this as Rig A+ and you have the RIG A and and RIG B cab saved together as a new Rig. Now unlock everything and edit this new rig as normal.

Alternatively, you could just unlock everything and start editing but if you change to a new rig before saving you will no longer have RIg A amp and Rig B cab combined.

Does that help?

• You can also save the cabinet from the rig you want to copy from . You load that rig, then drag the cabinet icon in the editor to Local Library under All Presets. You could also create folders under All Presets\Local Library for this. I've made a folder called Cabs that I can put cabinets in that I like. You can also add sub-folders to organize the cabinets.

You'd have to save cabinets one at a time to get them from rigs, but if you have IR's in folders you can just drag them into one of these folders.

Then as you load your other rig you can just double click the cabinets you've saved.