little screen on remote, lets see it closer with a tablet

• hello,

I am 53 years old and my vision is not as good that it used to be, so when i am in stage with my Kemper and remote, i have to duck to read the screen. This is neither good for rock and roll, nor for my back :D

I have the idea of get a tablet (Ipad), with a midi interface, conect it to the Kemper and try to read the midi commands when change presets so I can get the preset name of performance and the names of the profilles assigned in the five buttons of it. That is the idea, but no idea of how to make it ^^^^ I Know that midi designer 2 app let you design a interface in Ipad with buttons rollers... etc to send and read midi commands to any midi device and make you own control surface for your midi device, so it can be a good start point.

Some idea?

Thank you

Edited once, last by jjm35 ().

• What if you shopped around and found a large magnifying glass, preferably rectangular in shape, that you could mount 6 or 8 inches above the remote? You could probably build a little stand out of a wire coat hanger.

Edge on from the crowd it would be almost invisible (and thus maintain your rock and roll cred), but looking down at it your remote screen would be magnified enough to easily read. You'd get all the info and features you normally get from the remote (including the tuner) with zero technical vulnerabilities and nothing to go wrong in the middle of a show.

Of course, this is a less elegant solution than all that fancy high tech stuff, but it would also be reliable, road worthy and easy to set up.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Exactly why I bought a Headrush pedal board to run the Kemper, ( via midi)Its the best display in the biz, gave me tons more power for efx,,, and it has a tuner a blind man can read from across the stage in bright sun,, jus sayin,, luv my kemper,,, but it has to work everywhere, not just on a dark stage,did I mention full color and touch screen??

• I use a tablet on my mic stand that sends midi to the Kemper.

The rig chosen per song will have gainier or less gainier rigs left or right on the remote.

Don't need to read the displays so much at all.

The rig chosen per song will have gainier or less gainier rigs left or right on the remote.

yes,, but for 2500, it would be nice to be able to read it without any help,, it is 2020 after all,, a 300 dollar I Pad has a 10 inch color display,,jus sayin,,-luv my KEMPER,,BUT IT COULD USE A MUCH BETTER DISPLAY

Cool setup, and also the kind of thing the OP was talking about.

The last time I tried to put together a band, I had a laptop at FOH running Cubase to send a click track to the drummer, sync lights, and also send MIDI messages to my guitar amp. No remote needed, just play guitar and let it all happen by magic.

Of course, most people aren't in a situation where they could have that much automation, but if you work with a keyboard player you could get similar freedom. Tell him what MIDI to send for each song and he can probably set his keyboard up to fire that message when he changes his own patches.

Or you could just stick a Fresnel over the remote.

Lots of different ways to skin this particular cat. I mean, you know, if you go for the hairless cat thing.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

I do the same as dmatthews, but it would be nice to occasionally be able to read the screens

• I have the idea of get a tablet (Ipad), with a midi interface, conect it to the Kemper and try to read the midi commands when change presets so I can get the preset name of performance and the names of the profilles assigned in the five buttons of it.

The irony is that we once had just that in a few betas that were distributed prior to the introduction of the Kemper Remote. The KPA is a computer with networking capabilities and with those betas it was running a simple web-server to which any browser on a phone/tablet/computer could connect and use a webapp with display and switches similar to the Kemper Remote.

I'm a bit disappointed that Kemper has not since expanded on those networking capabilities. The remote does need to be powered via the network which complicates coexistence with other network gear a little, but an external 2-port switch, maybe itself ethernet-powered from the KPA, could have solved that issue. With networking it would have been possible to eliminate all USB-stuff with its limited cable-lengths etc having RM communicating with the KPA over Ethernet/IP, maybe use Dante or AVB for audio I/O etc. There is a lot of opportunities in networking to improve connectivity and workflow for both studio and live situations. I hope future versions of the KPA will be designed with at least 2 network-ports so that it can communicate with and power the remote while still being connected to the studio or stage network.

Edited 2 times, last by heldal ().