Transpose function latency?

• hey,

I always used a digitech drop pedal für going half step down and it was perfect. I sold it when i got the Kemper,though.

When i use Transpose now, i get a noticable latency.

Its slight, but you can feel the difference when you play. and therefore it doesn't get as tight as when transpose is off. It feels like a SUPER slow attack, and you can hear the pick hitting the string before a note comes out of the Kemper.

is there any way to dial the latency shorter?

• If you are using the stomp effect for transpose, turn off the smooth chords for less processing?

I always wondered if it was possible to allow some of the attack from the unprocessed playing through before the transpose effect (a few milliseconds). This would give the player the feeling of less latency. Not sure how you can achieve this of course:-)

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I did some experimentation on using a digitech drop vs the rig transpose feature - and the Kemper latency was MUCH better IMO. Are you using it at rig level or stomp level?

If you are using the stomp effect for transpose, turn off the smooth chords for less processing?

What? smooth chords?

I did some experimentation on using a digitech drop vs the rig transpose feature - and the Kemper latency was MUCH better IMO. Are you using it at rig level or stomp level?

its in the first stomp slot(locked). i have to switch between tunings between songs, so its just a push of a button to swap.

I never had any latency using the digitech drop.

If you can hear your picking you play with a too low volume.

if you read correctly, you would have noticed, that i wrote the "pick-noise" is just slighte BEFORE the sound of the amp...

• I used the rig-level transpose function for one song a few weeks ago to go a from G to F. Singers don't care about open string riffs or the madness their key changes create. ;)

Didn't think to use the stomp, which now I will try.

The latency is certainly there using the rig-level transpose. Playing by yourself it can be super noticeable. In a band context, less so. I also found that the high frequencies became quite muted. Throwing a treble booster on with the mix up only enough to compensate did ok for my needs. One part of one Christmas song played live four times. If I play it again, it won't be for another year at worst.

After practicing with it for a while, it was more than fine. In some ways the resultant tone was both pleasing and quite unique. Not something I'd want to use all the time, but I liked the result. It sure beat having to re-voice an entire guitar part with a ton of open strings.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• seen the smooth chords now, its already off.

You should try it though. Playing straight chords that ring out, it really makes the transposition very clear. I never found out why the option is disabled in the rig section?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7