Kemper Stage Newb Issues

• Okay everyone, got my Kemper Stage last week and been playing around with it trying to get my ducks in a row for a gig first week of January. My first question is, I have a few songs that need to change tunings; some songs need to go to E flat, and one song needs to up a whole step. Do you suggest I make separate profiles with the pitch shifter already set or is there a way to shift pitch on the fly in performance mode?

Second is the Mission Engineering Expression pedal. I have watched videos and and read around, but my amateur brain still can't get it. I want to use the pedal for Wah, expression and Morphing. Does it need to have wires connected to both inputs or just one of them? I tried both inputs and the 1/2/3/4 inputs on the stage, and assigned a Wah to my first pedal slot, but still no luck.

Thirdly... I am a little confused on how assign multiple effects to one switch. Like how can button ii have both phaser and a boost? In performance mode, can you just set up those pedal buttons like a separate pedal board or do you have to go in and make it the same for each performance profile?

Finally, where do I have to move the looper to so that I can play a clean rhythm and then jump into a distorted tone without effecting the clean rhythm? And can I connect my Iphone/spotify to the Kemper to play songs and jam along to without the sounds interfering with each other? I am not sure how to do that and I thought I could with my FRFR monitor.

Thanks so much for your time. Just got it a week ago and have been trying to research and watch vids, but I am still confused. Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper.

Certainly can not answer all of your questions but let me try a few.

One: I suggest to do this in performance mode and add it to the slots where you need it. You can either select this in the rig settings per slot or you can put the pitch shifter additionally in a stomp. I think this both works well. If it is fully clear that you play a song completely transposed and you need all of the stomp slots for other effects than the first way is preferred.

Second: One input is enough. The pedal can cater for more than one function. In the systems settings scroll to the pages for the pedals. You can select the priority of each pedal there. So you can tell the pedal that it should do Wah if one is there, Morph if not and Volume if both is not activated. Different settings available there.

Third: You can assign the second effect to the button as the first. Hold the stomp/effects button on the Kemper and step on the remote button. Do this for a second effect with the button as well. You can even use this to either select one or the other effect i.e. switching between those two.

Fourth: Not sure if you can move the looper. I don't think so. Please don't mix it up with the loop - which can be put into stomps or effects section.

Hope that helps a bit. The community will surely chime in and help further.

• For the wah pedal, I plug a quarter inch cable to Input 1 on the pedal and then connect it to the pedal 1 slot on the Kemper Stage. Then I select a wah effect into a stomp and assign pedal 1 as Wah Mode. Is this wrong? Because the pedal isn't doing anything. Could it be broken?

Your advice about assigning effects worked! Next question. If you have more than one effect assigned to a button, can you use those effects independently? Or do they all have to be turned on/off at the same time? I think you mentioned I can do this, but how?

Also, can I connect my phone/spotify to my kemper so I can jam and be able to solo over those tracks without any weird sound interference?

• Regarding your question about connecting your phone/spotify to your kemper and play along:
    Sure you can, I use it all the time and it works great. You can mix the playback into your headphone, monitor or main outs.

This video will help you:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The relevant part for you is from the beginning until around 2:57 minutes

Cheers

• Your advice about assigning effects worked! Next question. If you have more than one effect assigned to a button, can you use those effects independently? Or do they all have to be turned on/off at the same time? I think you mentioned I can do this, but how?

If you assign two to a button then you can either switch them both on/off in sync or you can switch between them, i.e. they never are on together. For that you just need to switch one on at the Kemper directly and save the rig/slot. When you hit the button both will change the state then.

Re your pedal. I don't think its broken. Did you calibrate it appropriately?

• If you assign two to a button then you can either switch them both on/off in sync or you can switch between them, i.e. they never are on together. For that you just need to switch one on at the Kemper directly and save the rig/slot. When you hit the button both will change the state then.

Re your pedal. I don't think its broken. Did you calibrate it appropriately?

I think the problem is for the expression pedal, I've been using a standard instrument cable instead of a TRS cable. Is it absolutely necessary to have a TRS cable for the input?

• For the aux input, do I need a special cable that plugs into two places on the Kemper? I am just using an aux cord with a 1/4" attachment going into the Return on the kemper and it is working, but is this technically the wrong way?

• For the aux input, do I need a special cable that plugs into two places on the Kemper? I am just using an aux cord with a 1/4" attachment going into the Return on the kemper and it is working, but is this technically the wrong way?

It's possible, however you will hear only one side of your stereo audio source, which can be irritating in most cases.

If you get yourself a cable like this, you have the full quality of your playback music. I believe you can get them anywhere, I just took the first link when googling for it.

Hope this helps :)