FINALLY my toaster arrived! One small question regarding a spdif connection

• Found a sweet deal for a used powerhead toaster which i could not refuse. Loaded a lot of profiles for various known makers and I AM BLOWN AWAY!. Installed the beta rig manager/os and the editor rocks. Now about the connection

Spdif out to my focusrite 6i6 in. Spdif set in master sterero. In the mixer i have these settings. Although I have not put the clock source as spdif I still get sound lol? Are the settings on the mixer ok?

Thanks guys!

• Please change the Clock to SPDIF / External. Internal will work only as long as the two Clocks are nearly in sync.
    If your get's more cpu load, (Recording DAW with a lot of Plugins in the Playback / Backing Track) the PC will run out of sync this ends in some noisy clicks in the signal.

You should also go for minimum 48KHz or more.
    High gain sounds have a lot of high frequency in the spectrum , if your sample rate is low you will hear digital fractals wich makes it sound awful.
    My best result for recording is 96KHz but your PC must have the power to handle this amount of incoming data.

Best

Be the force with you ;)

• You should also go for minimum 48KHz or more.
    High gain sounds have a lot of high frequency in the spectrum , if your sample rate is low you will hear digital fractals wich makes it sound awful.
    My best result for recording is 96KHz but your PC must have the power to handle this amount of incoming data.

Best

Not, he needs. Upsample, sense not make. 44.1kHz, more than any cabinet, for guitar made is, sampling frequency will cover.

• Not, he needs. Upsample, sense not make. 44.1kHz, more than any cabinet, for guitar made is, sampling frequency will cover.

You are right if you use the S/PDIF only for monitoring over a normal cabinet.
    If you use it for DAW recording or re-amping you should think twice about your sample rate.
    Pure CD - Audio productions get less important today.
    Video and Stream production are at 48KHz.
    There a re a lot of YT videos about choosing the right sample rate.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Be the force with you ;)

• Not sure what you mean with "monitoring over a normal cabinet". Our beloved electric guitar sounds are produced/captured through guitar cabinets, which are not capable of reproducing anything close to 20kHz. A sampling rate of 44.1 is way more than required to cover what they produce and beyond, no matter how distorted they are. If you for some reason want to capture everything in a direct signal, no cabinet =O, then you may want to go higher. The difference would mostly be beneficial to dogs, though.

• Don't like to go to much into the theory of Sampling Frequency /Aliasing / Nyquist Theorem / Anti Aliasing Filters and Impuls Theorem.

There is a reason why this higher sampling frequency exists and why they are all supported by Kemper.
    There is a reason why producer more and more mix on higher sample rates and bounce the mix for mastering on the "needed" sample rate.

Special if you work with plugins or any other digital algorithm that modifies the sound.

So if you use the sound for monitoring 44.1 KHz is ok.
    But if you use the recording for video or audio production (special in 3D productions), maybe the producer will reject your recording.

Be the force with you ;)