Kemper for life..

• So today went to a jam with a few people. There was some great amps. A Bogner Shiva, a nice old Plexi, two Friedman BE100's, A Marshall DSL2000 100, a Mesa TC100, to name a few.. I ran against all with my Kemper, my Line 6 HX Effects through my Mesa 412 Road King..

I was proud and changed some minds on some who was their first time hearing a Kemper in person but were smirking when they saw my Kemper sitting there..

The responses were pretty consistent, "wow!", "That sounds like a real amp", "closing my eyes and listening blew me away"... Even the drummer was said, that sounds good!! ?

Myself playing through some of the amps there was nice but there is something that I enjoy more with my Kemper now. I am so used to it that a "real amp" doesn't really make me miss tubes. I was happy knowing that my Kemper is a part of me. I know I am Kemper for life. Kemperfide fan boy is all right by me.

Shout out to Deadlight Studio/Lars for the amazing Marshall JVM410 Freebie profiles on the rig exchange. A few were used today and everyone was jiving hard on them. Bravo!

• Kemper is awesome,i dont understand how some people dislike the Kemper;)

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• I was proud and changed some minds on some who was their first time hearing a Kemper in person but were smirking when they saw my Kemper sitting there..

The responses were pretty consistent, "wow!", "That sounds like a real amp", "closing my eyes and listening blew me away"... Even the drummer was said, that sounds good!! ?

Nice, thanks for sharing this. I had similar situations and always loved the reaction on my sound. Nevertheless I have to admit that I can understand the doubts of people who have no knowledge on what and how the Kemper does or only have knowledge which comes from the early years of digital modelling. I started early with adopting Digital Modellers like the Behringer V-Amp or the Johnson J-Station, later POD XT, POD X3 Pro... I liked them all but not for rehearsal or live situations. They were tools for other areas of creativity. They had barely the ability to cut through a mix or work in a full band context without post processing. And now the Kemper is different. So much better in those aspects - and definitely perfect for me in all areas/situations incl. rehearsals and on stage.

Kemper is awesome,i dont understand how some people dislike the Kemper ;)

To my impression those people did not really spend time to understand what the Kemper does. And who did not get into the brilliant user interface and the sounds really deep.

But as usual: Let everybody decide for themselves what they like most and what they want to use :)

• Kemper is awesome,i dont understand how some people dislike the Kemper;)

To my impression those people did not really spend time to understand what the Kemper does. And who did not get into the brilliant user interface and the sounds really deep.

But as usual: Let everybody decide for themselves what they like most and what they want to use :)

A little time setting up your profile sounds is the key.. The Kemper can sound too perfect or sterile which is great to record but I like to set up my sounds for a raw amp like sound. I want a little noise and feedback like an amp.

• A friend of mine who is a fantastic guitarist, pure tube guy too came to my first gig with the Kemper. My other guitarist uses a Marshall stack, one of the cheaper tube amps but I always loved his sound.

After the gig my friend came over and goes "wow you got some tone out of that cheap Marshall, sounded brilliant out here". When I told him it was the Kemper his reaction was "what's that?"....... He was well educated.

All I used for the entire gig was the Kemper, direct with Choptones Marshall 800ZW patches. No cab, just pure Kemper glory and monitored through the house PA. Shit sound on stage but apparently it was huge, heavy and brilliant out front.

Mike

• All those amps versus just one KPA. ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user