RM 3.0.82 hangs after startup [SOLVED]

• EDIT: SOLVED with RM 3.0.99 and OS 7.1.9

After start of RM, the app is not responsible for few seconds. Afterwards it works normally.

RM 3.0.82

Windows 10 64-bit

Anybody else has this issue?

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• No problems here. But maybe things syncing make it seem unresponsive? Every time the program starts it syncs with Rig Exchange looking for anything new, and syncs the presets from the Kemper. Since you say it seems OK after a while maybe it's that sync is a bit slow for you?

• I see you have the initial Folder view set at a Rig Pack. It may take while for it to synchronize with the Rig Packs content.

Try changing to a Local Library folder before you close it, and see if the next start up is normal.

I changed to LocaLibrary, closed, opened again and when RM window appeared I clicked on any rig and the app got unresponsive.

• No problems here. But maybe things syncing make it seem unresponsive? Every time the program starts it syncs with Rig Exchange looking for anything new, and syncs the presets from the Kemper. Since you say it seems OK after a while maybe it's that sync is a bit slow for you?

Quite long time to sync, I close app, open it again after moment, so there is nothing to sync.

• Hey, I'm one of the new devs, just checking the forum occasionally :)

I just looked into your reports again, there is no way to send feedback generally as of now.

Quite long time to sync, I close app, open it again after moment, so there is nothing to sync.

It is somewhat "syncing" certain performances on every start. If it really annoys you it should get better when you mark all your empty slots and go Right Click -> "Create New Performance". I could find the source and for me it takes like 6 seconds. We should come up with a better idea there to improve connection time, but probably after we fixed some more bugs with the performance mode in general :)

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

• Hey, I'm one of the new devs, just checking the forum occasionally :)

I just looked into your reports again, there is no way to send feedback generally as of now.

This sounded very scary kriwat. I haven't had any reply for tickets sent for over 6 months :| (not this specific one)

Company, that doesn't respond to clients... well this is not matter of this post.

How do you know, that this freeze is caused by "syncing" certain performances on every start?

It took you 6 seconds, but I was waiting more than 2 weeks or so (it's not crucial) to get any answer :|

Yes - 10 second freeze of application for the device that costs thick dollarz, annoys me.

Could you be more specific, how to do this Right Click -> "Create New Performance"? Thank you :) (this freeze still happens on RM 3.0.94 and latest OS 7.1.17)

• I think you can see it in the debug log that unitialized performances take a while to sync which is unnecessary but also not a high priority bug :) It is on our issue list though, so for one of the next betas we will look at it.

To be fair, the "Create New Performance" Option was renamed to "Initialize Performance" after my recommendation :D

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

• To be fair, the "Create New Performance" Option was renamed to "Initialize Performance" after my recommendation :D

It's fine, that you're having fun kriwat ? I can read debug files, but have many more interesting stuff to do in my life ? I'll check now with this "Initialize" option and will let you know.

If 10 second freeze is not high priority bug for you, then... I'll check your suggestion ?

• Hi kriwat - so I created/initialized new Performances, for every empty slot in All Performances -> MyProfiler. I closed RM and opened it again. And again RM was freezeing for ~10 seconds. I went to All Performances -> MyProfiler and there aren't these performances, that I recently created.

Do you have other suggestion?

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Yea, it is some certain old "empty" performances getting initialised again and again. Initialising/Deleting helps here (but when your new empty performances are gone after reboot, this does not work). Anyways, this is a bug in Rig Manager for some users (including me).

The 3.0.96 should improve this a lot. I am on less than one second now for the syncing thing that hung for 6 seconds :)

Edited once, last by kriwat ().