How to get rid of the FIZZZZ

• Lets be honest. Since I play electric guitar I had a fractal a Kemper and many modules before and many effects. But I always try EVEN TODAY to get rid of FUZZY tone you know the FIZZZZ we hear when we dont work hard on our sounds. When I listen to great guitarist (making album, and shows) I dont hear that fzzzzz amateur tone. (I do hear it when an amateur player publish their performance on you tube, so I dont wanna judge them, they will improve . but this fuzzy tone is ugly to my hear I prefer creamy tone. So as there is a lot of pro here, please how do you get rid of that FIZZZ inside the kemper ? any tricks to share ? Thanks and Happy Christmas

:love::love:Paul

• Either you use an EQ post in your sounds to bring out the good frequencies and take down the nasty ones or better, start off with profiles that have your idea of "creamy tone" in the first place and apply minor tweak to fit your intruments. Look for sounds on RE (it has over 14k rigs, many of which are great) or inside the Factory Rigs and then stick to a handful of rigs that you like for a little while.

• You’re obviously still a youngster. When you reach my age you can’t hear any frequencies high enough to be described as fizzz. Every cloud has a silver lining I suppose ?

Fizz you say? What? Where? I can't hear it. Hello? :D

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• You’re obviously still a youngster. When you reach my age you can’t hear any frequencies high enough to be described as fizzz. Every cloud has a silver lining I suppose ?

*WHAT?!?!*

(Fizz is not inherently present in the Kemper. It's in the profile.)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Firstly, cabinet choice. Profiles with non-optimal mic's or bad speakers will have high whistles/hollow mids/low flub. As you've kind of alluded to, there's a lot of amateur sounding profiles out there, the trick is to hunt out the few that are pro sounding for the kind of tone you are trying to achieve.

Secondly, the majority of high gain profiles sound better with an EQ block straight after the amp with a notch cut at around 6khz, and possibly 9khz (depending on the original profile). I don't think I've found a profile yet that didn't benefit from some degree of doing this.

• Use the studio EQ and set the high-cut to 5...6kHz.

And in addition, the low-cut to 90..110Hz to achieve a much better cut throuh the mix.

It depends on how steep the filters are. 5-6khz is usually too much unless you go for a muddy sound.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Hi all . Just did a quick test and "Studio EQ" is "tha thang" to use. as mentioned

before by many .... This is my "not scientific" findings :wacko:

Put it in a "Stomp"after the (fizzy) amp section , turn down "High Gain" to -12dB

and then turn "High Freq" all the way up to 33400Hz something .

Strike a chord and turn "High Freq" knob down and listen ....

You should hear things begin to happen around 16000Hz , at least I did. (Old ears 8o )

Adjust untill you like what you hear . Even raise the "High Gain" a bit to match .....

And of course it all depends on how you monitor your sound and what "Rig" and

guitar you use ...... ( I use a DXR-10 on a stick =O )

Cheers and Merry X-Mas !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• You might find that some of your favourite sounds in a mix can sound quite fizzy if isolated.

I admit you got a very good point here. I spent all my life in studio, (recording not only guitar but a lot of keyboards , and it is true that instrument that siounds good IN THE CONTEXT OF THE MIX, dont always sound good alone. For instance in the context of drum bass and guitar, we need to cut bass frequencies on the guitar, to reserve this space for the bass (and bass drum) This means that if we solo the guitar it might sound thin.... but in the context of the mix (where we got a good bass ) it is ok. So thanks thats a good point. I will give another exemple . I did prepare 5 sounds to experiment in a solo for a track . So I fined tune , each on 1-2-3-4-5 listening to the guitar alone. Each one sounded good my best was 1-2-3 and 4-5 were weaker and bad to my ear. Then I try with the track and its the contrary, 1-2-3 sounded ok but not wonderful and 4-5 were super and perfect for this track. And the more track you got (ex 8 keyboard overdubs singer bass ,drum , sub bass etc ) and the more you need to find a guitar tone to play inside this context. I dont talk about metal here coz I never played or mixed this music. I admit they are good musician though. So thanks a lot Karlic

I also want to thank you ALL for the great comments you gave here. I will try to experiment what you suggest thaks a lot and happy Christmas

• OH GEE IT WORKS FOR ME !!!!! THANKS MAN !!! I WILL USE THIS TRICK ON EVERY SINGLE PROFILE I GOT !! LOL WOW THIS IS IT !!!!

• So it will be a Happy Holiday after all then :love: Yeeeaayy !

( And all other days too ..... )

I will also "adjust" some rig with this "discovery" :)

Thanx for getting me started with the "experiment"

A very good advice Goodadvice 8o

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• YEAH MAN ! I am adjusting all my profiles now . I press the button adjust the eq and before I save I check another time A and B I mute the button and put it on to compare and I always press SAVE after that LOL It's a lot better The fizz is gone it is like a new Kemper for me Thanks to you !!!! Happy Christmas everyone and try this trick you might love it ;)

• YEAH MAN ! I am adjusting all my profiles now . I press the button adjust the eq and before I save I check another time A and B I mute the button and put it on to compare and I always press SAVE after that LOL It's a lot better The fizz is gone it is like a new Kemper for me Thanks to you !!!! Happy Christmas everyone and try this trick you might love it ;)

You know you can copy and paste the eq from one rig to another?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7