Ty Tabor - King's X - The Jelly Jam

• Greetings All,

Really want to find Ty's lead tone from King's X - Gretchen Goes To Nebraska and Faith Hope, Love era.

I'm a huge fan and I'm aware of this info: "He was using a long-discontinued solid-state Lab Series amp that was — and still is — an inexpensive bargain on the used market. The rest of Tabor’s rig was similarly modest, including budget Alesis Midiverb II and Ibanez DD200 rack effects and his beloved Fender Elite Stratocaster — a darkhorse ax from the last days of CBS’s ownership of Fender.

Tabor’s Lab Series L5 amp (removed from its combo chassis and mounted in a head-only configuration) and Elite Stratocaster have unusual features that collectively shaped his distinctive midrange sound." Guitar World

Any suggestions on some Kemper Profiles that would be similar?

• That's a very clean amp, so all his overdrive would have been from the pedals. I'm thinking you'll just have to audition tons of overdriven profiles to find what works for you.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• My Lab Sir ES L5 pack (base on a captured Lab Series L5) does have higher gain stuff like that. The 30 profiles are capturing both amp channels, bright switches, and onboard amp compressor on/off settings.

FWIW, I’m not that familiar with Tabor. So, my demos don’t sound like him.

You may also want to look at my Pearce G1 pack. That amp was built by the same designer as the L5 but it has much more gain on tap and is reflected in the profiles.