RM 3 Beta issues

• Hi just wanted to report a few issues I'm having with the latest beta.

1. Did they take away the ability to use the up/down arrows while auditioning Profiles in RM? It doesn't seem to work any longer. Now I need to dbl click each time again. Wasn't it a a setting in Prefs?

2. RM crashes most of the time while I drag and drop to organize. If I "copy" it seems ok.

3. When I use a "search term"... and dbl click to load/audition, RM now seems to leave the search and go to the folder where that Profile resides. BUT i lose the search results. Didn't it use to just load the profiles and then I could go thru all of them w/o losing the results and having to start the search all over again?

4. Is it normal for FAVS to not follow when I organize? If I set a fav and then copy that Profile to another organization folder it is no longer "favorite".

5. Some of my oraganiztion folders still don't show the contents... and other do. Not sure what's going on. Sometimes they just show one Profile, even though it says there are hundreds showing total in the folder icon.

Also is there a way to turn off show doubles?

Thanks!

• Why am I NOT surprised that I cannot get the Beta to work? I cannot download a firmware version that doesn't exist, yet here I keep getting told that I need 7.1.6 I'm a new owner and have had NOTHING but issues with the "stage" from the word go. Maybe time to move back to an Amp or even, dare I say?? a FRACTAL????

• Why am I NOT surprised that I cannot get the Beta to work? I cannot download a firmware version that doesn't exist, yet here I keep getting told that I need 7.1.6 I'm a new owner and have had NOTHING but issues with the "stage" from the word go. Maybe time to move back to an Amp or even, dare I say?? a FRACTAL????

Go here https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…ting-System-Beta-Versions

And download the latest beta.

You'll need a USB stick.

Let the Kemper format that USB stick.

Unzip the downloaded beta OS, and put the new kaos.bin file in the update folder on the stick.

Put the USB stick back in the kemper and follow the prompts.

• ewikman

1 - this apparently a deliberate decision by Kemper. I can’t follow their logic though (even though they have explained it) and hope they reintroduce the ability to select profiles with either the Return key or Space Bar. For the time being you need to use Left and Right arrows instead of up and down.

2 - I don’t get this behaviour on Mac. Are you on Windows?

3 - I have noticed this too and reported it. It is the single biggest bug that is driving me mad at the moment.

4 - i’m not sure. I haven’t noticed myself but I don’t use a lot of FAVs

5 - this is part of the search bug in 3. If you go into the sub folder and hit return or backspace it will clear the search criteria. Even though the search box looks empty the search is still filtering in the background.

• 1. Thanks! that at least helps make it faster again.

2. Mac

3. Yes this one prevents me from getting a lot of work done at this early stage with my KPA. Buying, auditioning & organizing. I hope they get to this in the next Beta!

4. they are helping me get back to the good ones.

5. Thanks! good to know. I thought I'd seen then suddenly come back a couple times.