Kemper Stage Newb Issues 2.0

• Thanks for all your help so far. Really digging the unit and thought I'd ask for some help on some new issues.

The tap tempo. I've never really used a tap tempo before. I have two songs now I need a dotted 1/8 note for. One song is 120 bpm and the other song is 128 bpm. Finding the bpm while holding the button down on the red screen is really tough. Is there another way to set the bpm to the song? Also, how exactly does the tap tempo switch work? It seems kind of inconsistent in the way it works. Is there a way to hit the button once and the 1/8 dotted tempo kicks in, and then hit the button again and then just go back to a normal delay? Any information on how to use this button will be great. I've watched a couple videos and read some threads but am still confused.

Secondly, what is the best tried and true method for making sure all your rigs/performances are of the same volume? Besides master volume, clean sens, and Dist sens, what other volume settings are you manipulating?

Thanks again!

• Regarding performance volumes...

I tend to start with a medium gain rig, and have it setup at gig volume. I'll stick that rig in say the third slot in a performance.

Then I'll populate the slots on either side with clean/lesser gain rigs on the left, and gainier on the right.

It's usually best/easiest to use profiles from the same pack/maker, but that of course is not a hard and fast rule.

Now you can adjust individual rigs to taste volume-wise to fit into what you are doing/playing.

Moving forward, you can use this performance to add more performances/rigs from any supplier using this as a base reference.

Lots of ways to look at this, but that is how I went at it.

• Tap tempo/ beat scanner is not the best tool. It’ll get you close, but never precise.

If you need 120 bpm exactly, like playing to a click, the best way to achieve that is to have the delay pre-set to that tempo.

Performance mode is what songs with multiple sounds or effects settings is for. If you check the ‘use performance tempo’ button, every sound will use that.

One slot dotted 1/8th, one slot not....etc.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• So there's no way to just click the tap tempo on/off? And I guess my point is how do i pre-set the delay to that tempo?

• So there's no way to just click the tap tempo on/off? And I guess my point is how do i pre-set the delay to that tempo?

That’s not what tap-tempo is for.

You can set delay time in the delay stomp.

• That’s not what tap-tempo is for.

You can set delay time in the delay stomp.

Is there something for what Im looking for? Or is making two separate rigs (one with tap tempo, one without) the only way to go about this? Also, I know you can set the delay time in the stomp, but how do you set it to a certain BPM? I don't see that in the stomp

• Is there something for what Im looking for? Or is making two separate rigs (one with tap tempo, one without) the only way to go about this? Also, I know you can set the delay time in the stomp, but how do you set it to a certain BPM? I don't see that in the stomp

The tap tempo button is always active.

Performance mode is essentially built for this type of situation. Song-specific settings with rigs totally independent of the browse pool.

• You can have a delay adjusted to dotted eights and another one with, let's say, quarter notes. In the same Rig. And you can copy and paste them to other Rigs in the Performance.

You can adjust the tempo in 3 different ways:

1) With the Beat Scan (holding down the Tap Tempo switch and playing your guitar with the timing you want. When you release the switch, the delay will keep the tempo).

2) Tapping a few times on the Tap Tempo switch. This option is sometimes tricky.

3) In the delay parameters.

Note: the delays don't need to be active to get the tempo you are setting with the Tap switch.

About the volume thing... I think the only way is trusting your ears and adjusting according to what they tell you. Always adjust the differences in volume between Rigs at the general volume you're going to use the performance. That means, you play a Rig with the master volume (big rotary knob) at the level you want to get for that rig when you use it (at home/rehearsal/gig level), and then adjust the Rig Volume of the other Rigs in the Performance to the desired volume, always comparing it with the reference Rig (the first one you set).

It's a digital word, but some things must be done the old way.:)

• Also - in the delay settings, you should see a soft button at the top that says To Tempo. Check that box and save. Then, push the Rig button. Page 2, first soft button should be Tempo Enable. Dial the tempo in and save.

Delays used in that rig will now follow the tempo and not milliseconds. You could have two delays, one in DLY and one in MOD to swap.

Personally, what you're describing screams for performance mode.

• Thanks for information!

• Also - in the delay settings, you should see a soft button at the top that says To Tempo. Check that box and save. Then, push the Rig button. Page 2, first soft button should be Tempo Enable. Dial the tempo in and save.

Delays used in that rig will now follow the tempo and not milliseconds. You could have two delays, one in DLY and one in MOD to swap.

Personally, what you're describing screams for performance mode.

I think you're right. For the 2 songs, I will just make different performances. Also, in Rig Manage you can set the tempo of the performance and so far it seems like it's working