RM and Kemper not communicating

• I've updated to the latest Beta Rig_Manager_3_0_82_Public_Beta.pkg and Operating System 7.1.8.15579/15580 and now they aren't talking to each other. For example: if I click a Rig in Rig Exchange, it doesn't show up/load on the Kemper.

-Computer:Imac-OS Catalina

-Kemper non-powered rack version

-Kemper Remote

• Did you try these yet?

Check USB connection? Is it direct from PC to KPA?

Restart PC

Restart KPA?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Did you try these yet?

Check USB connection? Is it direct from PC to KPA?

Restart PC

Restart KPA?

Yes I've tried all those three solutions.

I even reinstalled RM, and unplugged power to Kemper for a minute and unplugged Remote from Kemper, but to no avail.

Before this problem happened, I had no sound coming from the Kemper and sorted that out somehow.

-Kemper Remote

• Yes I've tried all those three solutions.

I even reinstalled RM, and unplugged power to Kemper for a minute and unplugged Remote from Kemper, but to no avail.

Before this problem happened, I had no sound coming from the Kemper and sorted that out somehow.

I’d try downgrading to a stable release. Then try updating again.

• Still no good. What a shame, I thought I was going to use the Kemper live this year. This has given me no confidence in this unit.

-Kemper Remote

• Sure you're using the correct USB connector on the Kemper? You should be using the type B (square) connector. Not the USB connector you'd use with a flash drive. Aside from that have you entered your user ID in Rig Manager?

• Sure you're using the correct USB connector on the Kemper? You should be using the type B (square) connector. Not the USB connector you'd use with a flash drive. Aside from that have you entered your user ID in Rig Manager?

Yep its the USB I've used for years. ID is in Rig Manager.

-Kemper Remote

• Still no good. What a shame, I thought I was going to use the Kemper live this year. This has given me no confidence in this unit.

Beta software is a total crapshoot.

Something residual from the beta is still in there. I’ve seen this in other softwares, too. Some internal preference/settings file.

Shoot a message to support. They’ll hook you up.

Also try a different USB cable if you haven’t. Doesn’t matter if it worked before. Just to eliminate all pieces.

• This is a screenshot of my Rig Manager at the moment. The Editor part which was at the bottom with the signal chain, modules etc. don't exist anymore. If I click on a rig, nothing happens. The headphone icon that used to appear to the left of the rig when you click on a rig doesn't exist anymore, and like I've said before, there is no activity between RM and the Kemper.

I've reinstalled RM numerous times in case, but still no luck.

-Kemper Remote

• Kitarist yes it leaves one in a powerless position when we cant just change a tube or fix it ourselves but we are dealing with their error and have to wait.

Lesson learned...No more betas for me.

It was good in that short time that I was exploring the new Editor. :)

-Kemper Remote

• Just checked on WIN 10: everything as expected. If Profiler connected. If not: No editing possible. As soon as the profiler is connected: Editing possible (editor part visible)

• This stinks, no doubt. Not trying to be a jerk here.

To be fair, you aren’t powerless, and this issue isn’t going to affect a live situation. The KPA itself is fine. You can still edit on the KPA, which until a month or so ago, was the only option. (Ignoring ToastME).

Something odd and seemingly close to unique is happening. RM clearly ‘sees’ your KPA (My Profiler). That seems an odd name. Mine read‘a Brett’s Profiler, which is my first name. I’ve never seen one generically named like that.

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• This stinks, no doubt. Not trying to be a jerk here.

To be fair, you aren’t powerless, and this issue isn’t going to affect a live situation. The KPA itself is fine. You can still edit on the KPA, which until a month or so ago, was the only option. (Ignoring ToastME).

Something odd and seemingly close to unique is happening. RM clearly ‘sees’ your KPA (My Profiler). That seems an odd name. Mine read‘a Brett’s Profiler, which is my first name. I’ve never seen one generically named like that.

I'm not up to the point where I know my well around the Kemper to edit it without an editor. Thats why I welcomed the new Editor with open arms. :)

When is it likely to be updated and problems fixed?

-Kemper Remote