RM and Kemper not communicating

• I just tried RM again and opened a new window of RM and Lo and behold the modules at the bottom of the Editor were there glaring at me. Then I closed RM and tried it again, But the modules never did return.

At least I know it's RM Editor that is at fault.

-Computer:Imac-OS Catalina

-Kemper non-powered rack version

-Kemper Remote

• I don't have a mac - but had the same on Windows 10 - tried all of the recommendations but nothing worked - then ran a trouble shooter on the USB connection and that sorted it - can you do that on a mac?

• Same issue here.

Previous versions of Beta versions of OS (7.1.6) and RM (3.0.78) worked togehter. The editor was there and I could preview profiles in the local library in RM, playing them on the Toaster.

Then upgraded to RM 3.0.82 and OS 7.1.8

- Can't preview profiles in RM to listen to in KPA

- There is no editor at the bottom of the screen (not even collapsed)

Direct connection between KPA and PC (Win 10.0.18363 x64) using the same USB cable as always before.

The KPA seems to work with the Remote by itself as "stand alone".

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• One thing noted is that the RM has contact with the KPA.

Running RM with the KPA not connected shows no "My Profiler" folders (as expected).

When connecting the KPA with the USB cable RM reacts and the "My Profiler" folders appear in RM.

Obviously there is some kind of connection between RM and the KPA.

Hence, issues with the USB drivers or cable should not be the problem (probably not in Mac either).

Tried different start-up sequences, but with the sama result

- PC On > RM On > start KPA

- PC On > KPA On > start RM

- KPA On > Start PC > start RM

There has to be a software problem in the communication between the latest Beta versions of RM and the OS.

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• Thats what happened to mine. I've tried numbers of reinstalls/uninstalls change of USB cable, and it all point's to a fault in RM or Kemper firmware,

-Kemper Remote

• Gave it some more tries...

Downgrading KPA to OS 7.1.7

Restart PC and KPA

Now running KPA OS 7.1.7 with RM 3.0.82.

Did not help - no change.

Downgrading RM to 3.0.78

Restart PC and KPA

Now running KPA OS 7.1.7 with RM 3.0.78

Did not help - no change.

Don't have any older versions of installation files to try with.

But I doubt it would have helped, if the update to the latest versions has screwed something up, or left some files/settings behind.

I will return to the latest versions and hope for Kemper to release a fix within short.

At least other issues solved in these upgrades may be benifitial.

The editor missing is not the major problem, as we havn't had it before.

But not being able to preview profiles and transfer them to the KPA is a major set back!

Kristian

• I uninstalled RM, and went back to installing 2.3.14

and reverted to 7.1.5.15 on the Kemper. All working well again. :)

-Kemper Remote

• One interesting thing upgrading RM from 3.0.78 to 3.0.82 (after the downgrade) was when running the install file (Run64BitInstaller.bat).

In the install wizard I was prompted to Repair/Remove, not as a normal upgrade!

I chose repair and the process continued. After clicking Finish and starting RM the version showed 3.0.82.

I guess that the install wizard could still find signs of RM 3.0.82 from previous upgrade, before downgrading to 3.0.78.

I will create a ticket to support.

Kristian

• I uninstalled RM, and went back to installing 2.3.14

and reverted to 7.1.5.15 on the Kemper. All working well again. :)

Thnx:thumbup:

Maybe I will do that later.

At the moment I'm a bit tired and bored with all up- and downgrades...

Kristian

• So I'm back to

7.1.5.15 on Kemper, and RManager- 2.3.14

Its all working fine until I use it in Performance mode. I get this crash eventually after I press a button or two on the Kemper. Last time it crashed like this I had pressed one of the rig buttons:

-Kemper Remote

• Hell, Downgrading *scribbles some things* the editor beta was not designed for that :P

If you downgrade, please delete a few files until we catch up with the Rig Manager installers to do that automatically.

Please delete the following directory and all contents:

macOS: /Users/<your user>/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/Rig Editor/
    Win: C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\Kemper Amps\Rig Editor\

Win: C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\Rig Editor\

Also it would be nice to .zip these folders and your debug log before, so that you can file a very complete beta report if that does not solve it :) Not sure how much you can attach there.

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

• oh and message support about that :) Especially the first RM 3.0 beta produced some bad performance files that seem to be still on the device and should be cleared. There are several ways how to, but I guess the support knows best.

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

• Hi thanks for your reply.

Could you explain this in more detail. I don't quite get it.

-Kemper Remote

• https://www.kemper-amps.com/betatest

And make sure to at least include the debug log at somewhat like Documents/Kemper Amps/Rig Manager/DebugLog.txt

And about that Assertion:

I’m on the latest Beta versions of both RM and OS.

But maybe my problems was created by an earlier Beta version. Seems as I had a corrupt Performance in the KPA messing up everything.

I posted a ticket and with help from support I managed to get rid of the corrupt Performance. Now it’s working, but with some minor flaws.

Support mentioned that we will probably get update next week fixing several reported issues.

It is something similar to this. The support is better informed than me at how to handle this :)

• Today I installed the latest OS and RM beta's, and it looks like this connection problem has dissolved. Happy days are here again-love the new Editor!

-Kemper Remote