FRFR + Guitar Cab

• Of course you can.
    Be aware though that the Monitor Out mirrors the Speaker Out regarding its cab on/off status, so with a guitar cab you'll likely want to use the Main Out for the FRFR instead.

Monitor Out would be set to cab off of course.

I would guess to use the direct out for the FRFR.

So I guess

monitor out to CAB (cabsimulation off)

direct out (route to main mono) to FRFR

Main out Stereo to FOH

Be the force with you ;)

• so to build off this. The manual mentions for the speaker out and monitor out are connected internally. Does that mean I cant plug a powered cab into the monitor out for for the powered model? I know you wouldn't want to plug a frfr into the speaker out so I didnt know if it held true for the monitor out

• so to build off this. The manual mentions for the speaker out and monitor out are connected internally. Does that mean I cant plug a powered cab into the monitor out for for the powered model? I know you wouldn't want to plug a frfr into the speaker out so I didnt know if it held true for the monitor out

You definitely CAN run an unpowered FRFR with the speaker out of the POwerhead..That is the whole point. In this case, you would have the CAB sim "on"....Obviously turned "off if going into a reg guitar cab. It allows you to run almost any type of combination..ANother reason to own a Kemper. : )

• I've done it. I like it. I run a pair of Yamaha DXR10 monitors (mono) out of my Monitor output and sometimes connect a Soldano 4x12 to my power amp out on my powered head. It gives the low end a nice full sound that I don't get with the powered monitors by themselves. They still sound great by themselves but I was just trying other setups one day. I just leave the cab sim on. Honestly, I can't really tell a whole lot of difference between cab sim on and cab sim off when I run the power amp into a guitar cab. It does make a huge difference to the powered monitors, of course.