Near done with Kemper, any suggestions before it goes up for sale?

• I'm assuming you're using a high cut filter to remove some of the harsh high frequencies from the profiling mic. If not then that's the only thing I'd try. I wouldn't use a high gain profile without one.

Are you usually using brutal amounts of gain or crunchy to moderate?

• But, for all the players here that whine about their Kemper's tone, they are never willing to upload samples for us to hear.

And I can never understand why Pod and Kemper owners get personal, when you say your having problems with the gear they love.

How about you upload your samples, so we can hear what you think is a great tone?

• With respect, some of you aren't reading what I wrote.

Here's the latest profile I downloaded. He gives samples that have not been mixed. It sounds good, which is why I bought it.

The results I got weren't close in terms of quality. And yes, I know different guitars sound better but the results shouldn't be inferior.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For me, the Kemper is like any other piece of gear. It takes time and effort to hone the sound that works for you.

One thing I wouldn’t worry about is the selling of one though. It keeps its value extremely well because Kemper have upgraded the software instead of hardware.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• For me, the Kemper is like any other piece of gear. It takes time and effort to hone the sound that works for you.

One thing I wouldn’t worry about is the selling of one though. It keeps its value extremely well because Kemper have upgraded the software instead of hardware.

Nearly 2 years is quite a bit of time. I really gave it a go. A £100 SM 57 may work out more than 10 times cheaper, if I have to struggle in the same way.

• And I can never understand why Pod and Kemper owners get personal, when you say your having problems with the gear they love.

How about you upload your samples, so we can hear what you think is a great tone?

How old are you? There's no need to be like that.

You're the one with a problem with the Kemper not him.

He makes a valid point, instead of vague "I don't like the tone I'm getting" complaints, post a clip so we can hear if what you are getting is what you should expect from the kemper, in which case you should just give up on the kemper as it's not for you, or we can let you know that it's not your ears and there is something wrong with the unit or interface/DAW setup.

• He's implying that I'm whining. No need to be like that, and no need for you to go off on one either.

How about yourself, how old are you?

Old enough to not take things like this personally/defensively and to know getting pissey with ppl trying to help me when I open a "whinny" thread won't get me anywhere.

• Old enough to not take things like this personally/defensively and to know getting pissey with ppl trying to help me when I open a "whinny" thread won't get me anywhere.

But not old enough to simply stop posting on it it seems.

Reminds me of the Line 6 Pod fanboys. Say anything which may remotely criticize their beloved POD and they eventually start throwing their digital toys out the pram.

So once again, how old are you? And lets hear your samples. Be interested in hearing what you've done with your gear.

• Very important: What is your reference real amp or device which gives you the tone you have in mind?

Which setup have you used that was perfect for you? You can profile it!

This is the potential solution. Find the amp you like, then profile that sound. If you don't feel it's extremely close, then sell the Kemper.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• But not old enough to simply stop posting on it it seems.

Reminds me of the Line 6 Pod fanboys. Say anything which may remotely criticize their beloved POD and they eventually start throwing their digital toys out the pram.

So once again, how old are you? And lets hear your samples. Be interested in hearing what you've done with your gear.

Ok come on now. There have been several valid suggestions in this thread. Having you upload a sound bit of your Kemper is a valid troubleshooting step. Now to address where this started to derail, of course people are going to get defensive about the Kemper if you request help in a Kemper forum. You are starting to give the impression that you would prefer to bash the Kemper and get a valid reason to sell then to get help to get a tone you like. If you dont like the Kemper, sell it. You could get a GREAT tube amp for it or two GREAT mid range amps for it. If I was in your place and had to fight with the Kemper for two years to get a tone I liked it would have been gone a year ago.

If you honestly want the communities help then we would be happy to help you in any way we can but we would need to be able to hear what you are hearing to know if that is normal. One person even stated that they had a similar issue that turned out to be a hardware failure.

There is not need for all of this to go down the path that it is starting to. Can we get this back on topic of helping.

• There is not need for all of this to go down the path that it is starting to. Can we get this back on topic of helping.

Sure. I was actually going to post samples before some Line 6'r entered the thread. Now I'd rather not. I'll check out your youtube channel and if you have any suggestions let me know.

I did say that I've played another Kemper, which sounded the same.

Be interested to hear samples from those who are happy with the Kemper.

• Sure. I was actually going to post samples before some Line 6'r entered the thread. Now I'd rather not.

Ok that is your choice and if you have two that sound the same I would say its time to swap them out for some new tube amps.

As for my channel I will also be posting up a video later today on a pickup swap. The tones at the end will be from my Kemper stage.

For me I had issues years ago with a tube amp blowing in a show and have been on the tone hunt for years since then to get the best tube tone without having to rely on tubes. For me the Kemper is it.

• I’d find a tube amp tone I like. Then profile it. Close enough? Cool. Not so? Spend time to see if further profiling efforts gets closer or try another amp that sounds similar. Seems hopeless? Consider other digital solutions, too — and if these don’t quite cut it, just use the real amp and be done with it.. on which end I’d consider if a load of gives me what I need, for convenience in analogy to tone, feel or not.

The bonanza

• You just need to get an amp. It sounds like you've been struggling with digital amps for a long time.

You'll understand the defensive emotion when you finally find a sound you like and someone on the internet says "I had one for years and it never sounded good enough for me. Cool that you like the sound though."

• One more time...

Do you have decent headphones? If so, how do things sound in the Kemper headphone output (not the interface output)?

Also, try hooking the Adam A5X directly to the Kemper, not through the interface.

Cheers, and don't give up yet!

• Hi there...it has been long since my last reply. Man guys here are already more experienced than me. But...could you please share with us a sample of your tone results?

In addition...i might sound too naive but have you tried to adjust treble and presence if too harsh?

I had your same experience with purchased sounds not sounding as advertised. Nevertheless, with several adjustment I got my tone.

This said...the tone you purchsed the kemper for is there. You only have to tweak a bit more. Obviously since the kpa has so many parameters, tweaking sometimes looks like walking into a maze. But your sound is there, trust me.

The following is a sample of my kpa directly into a cheap soundboard and to an obsolete pc running win xp. Apart some additional delay, the sound is unprocessed.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

hope I could give you some hope! ;)

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• One more time...

Do you have decent headphones? If so, how do things sound in the Kemper headphone output (not the interface output)?

Also, try hooking the Adam A5X directly to the Kemper, not through the interface.

Cheers, and don't give up yet!

Thanks for the suggestion man...

Yeah, I have decent headphones and have tried all the outputs :) Yes, I have hooked up my monitors to the Kemper. Sounds better without the additional conversion of course.