Near done with Kemper, any suggestions before it goes up for sale?

• You just need to get an amp. It sounds like you've been struggling with digital amps for a long time.

You'll understand the defensive emotion when you finally find a sound you like and someone on the internet says "I had one for years and it never sounded good enough for me. Cool that you like the sound though."

I have a Marshall as I mentioned.

If someone doesn't like a Les Paul, it doesn't bother me. Why would it?

• Thanks for the suggestion man...

Yeah, I have decent headphones and have tried all the outputs :) Yes, I have hooked up my monitors to the Kemper. Sounds better without the additional conversion of course.

That's good to know.

I've heard of others using an interface and getting less than desirable results compared to using the Kemper straight up.

How is the Kemper connected to the interface, spdif, analog?

• Your answer is at about 1:00 in the vid. The guy says he is running it through an "API Summing Amp". That is that color you are hearing in the vid that you probably don't have at home. An API mic pre can be a very colored tone. You can also add in the "youtube compression".

• Didn't you go through all this drama 1.5 years ago in a 15 page thread? Even the inventor of the Profiler and boss of Kemper GmbH weighed in and asked you to post clips so he can check if something's wrong. You refused to do so, just like you refuse to do now.

In my opinion ... you ask for help but don't want to be helped. Guess it's time for you to just sell it and leave ... with a little less of a drama.

• Didn't you go through all this drama 1.5 years ago in a 15 page thread? Even the inventor of the Profiler and boss of Kemper GmbH weighed in and asked you to post clips so he can check if something's wrong. You refused to do so, just like you refuse to do now.

In my opinion ... you ask for help but don't want to be helped. Guess it's time for you to just sell it and leave ... with a little less of a drama.

Well, I was about to post a sample as things were getting a little friendlier. Looks like we're back to Line 6.

If you don't like the topic, why post?

• No reason. I think LPs and Marshalls are overrated and overpriced, often bought by people that are more concerned with the brand than the sound. ?

Then we have different views on gear. I'll go with Slash on this one ;) Along with Maiden, Hendrix, Sabbath etc.

No doubt, your way better than them because you use a Kemper.

• Does this help?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Then we have different views on gear. I'll go with Slash on this one ;) Along with Maiden, Hendrix, Sabbath etc.

No doubt, your way better than them because you use a Kemper.

Slash's only good song was a custom guitar with a fake logo, so he got the tones and the brand snobbery in one hit.

• ... plus Marshalls weren't overrated 55 years ago. They were an awesome take on a Bassman. Nowadays they've been surpassed by dozens of innovative companies that have built on that same design idea.

• Déjà vu:

Reached a wall with my Kemper

Dude, you've been dancing around providing a sample again. Without it, it's just talk from all of us, and talk's cheap in this instance 'cause we've covered all the obvious ground both now and a year and a half ago. In order to move forward, we need to hear something.

• Do some research on when Hendrix started using Marshalls.

There are pictures of him using a Flying V. Does that make him a "Flying V player"?

Is SRV known as a 12-string acoustic player? I saw him play one on NCL.

• I'll agree that Marshalls and Gibsons are overpriced, which is why I bought mine used. They'll retain their value.

And Kempers aren't overpriced?! As soon as the next big digital thing comes along, the Kempers value will drop overnight. Which is why I'll most probably be selling mine sooner than later.

Gibson are an unethical company who don't care where their wood is coming from. Which is another reason I buy used guitars.

Marshall's Chinese stuff are great for beginners, but the Chinese DSL models were inferior to the British made ones. They'll probably be making more of their amps in China, and upping the price for the British products. Which is again, why I buy used.