Remote reset during performance

• Hi guys,

I know the subject is not new. I have the kemper profiler and remote, latest sw versions. Today the remote restarted randomly. The cable is new and also the remote, only a few times used.

Anyone experiencing the issue?

• Sounds like a cable issue. Either bad cable, cable ends or socket loose. That’s the only time I have had a restart

How long is the cable you are using? Longer cable runs need a Poe. Is it the original one?

• It is the original Cable that came with Kemper remote. I bought the remote one month ago. I had special care with the connection knowing that it is quite fragile. I only had a live gig with it and some rehearsals. I tried to lower the lcd remote brightness (some say it helps). Anyway if the problem persist I will try also with a short CAT 5 cable. I will never need the very long cable because I like to keep the Kemper near me anyway.

• It is the original Cable that came with Kemper remote. I bought the remote one month ago. I had special care with the connection knowing that it is quite fragile. I only had a live gig with it and some rehearsals. I tried to lower the lcd remote brightness (some say it helps). Anyway if the problem persist I will try also with a short CAT 5 cable. I will never need the very long cable because I like to keep the Kemper near me anyway.

If the problem persists I highly recommend contacting support.

Best of luck!

• Well, I am starting to notice a real problem with the remote... It seems that going for the new kemper stage will be an option. For a professional player the remote thing and the utp cable seems a big issue.

• For the record mine has never had an issue, so I'm basing my opinion on what I've read on the forum and just witnessing the amount of movement going on at the jack. I use the Kemper cable live and a 2m Cat 5 cable in my music room.

• I ran a short cable from my Kemper rack to a locking mount on my rack case.

My stock cable never stayed put in the back of the unit , sliding out just enough to loose contact.....

......doing exactly what you described!

Edited once, last by flcmcya ().

• Either cable or connections. That the cable is new suggests you may have received a bad one.

It happens. The connection isn't fragile, nor is the cable itself. It's how its mounted to the chassis on the KPA. Even then its quite a bit more durable than people give it credit for.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hi,

This has been happening to me these last few days, worrying me about an ethernet powering issue.

I have found that it was me entering in “system mode” (or whatever it could be called) in the profiler by pressing rig button 1 and tap tempo. I explain, hopefully it would be your problem as well:

Playing a certain tune, I was pushing rig buttom no 1 to access morphing in momentary mode (so I had to have the button pressed in order to have vibrato working). Meanwhile, I had to set my tempo, so I repeatedly was stepping tap button. The first time you press tap button while rig button no 1 is been pressed, you enter in a kind of system mode, the second time you pressed tap tempo, the remote restarts. As you press twice very quicky, it is not easy to see what’s going on. I was turning crazy.

I have read the manual to see if this is explained somewhere, and I couldn’t find it.

I hope this would be your case.

• Hi

I Had the same problem here,

The problem was solved when I used u PoE Injector from TP-Link.

I was running not a a beta.

Cat5 cable from rack to frontpanel, original cable to floorboard, cat5 to remote.

I Never had the problem running the original cable from rack directly to remote.

My Opinion is that the signal is really weak when you gonna use longer and combine multiple cables.

• You wouldn't have anything connected to the USB-port (computer with RM or whatnot)?

With a computer attached, and especially if the computer is inactive (hibernating), it is just a matter of time before the KPA throws a fit. One of the first symptoms being spontaneous reboots of the remote, then it gets gradually worse until no buttons work and finally after another hour or so the audio goes wonky. Pull the USB and everything returns to normal.