KPA Powerhead - Gang plug concern/question

• Hi all,

This is my first time back on the forum in literally years after being away from the music for a few years (family, losing job, moving, getting new job, babies, life...etc ) :)

Anyways, I'm setting up my music stuff again and I have the Kemper Profiling Amp Powerhead ("lunchbox" version).

My concern is, in my current place where I want to have my music setup placed, I would be relying on a gang-plug/"multi-plug adapter".

Something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gang-…/dp/B000L99YSE/ref=sr_1_6

I.e., it is a generic 4-plug 5m cord extension block with "surge protection" built in.

The main plugs on the wall are just too far away for the profiler to stretch to.

On the back of the Powerhead it states "Max 10A". Is this with the power amp active?

I generally use the Power Amp section only 5-10% of the time if even that with a Marshall 4x12 cab.

I leave it off almost all the time and practice with headphones, but I am concerned that if I have it plugged in with the power amp deactivated, and then I turn it on, that it will suddenly draw more power than the plugboard can give it and hence blow the plug board and/or the KPA?

Would I have any issues with a different plug board, say I had to use a different one like this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belki…00OE45MVK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

The other items in the plugboard would be my Macbook Pro, Interface card (Focusrite Clarett 4Pre) and an additional cheap Philips 21" monitor.

I read through this thread already but it seemed to dead with a different poweramp setup and not a Powerhead: What fuses to use in the UK?

Thanks for your time!

:)

• That 10A is at 120 VAC - US power. You shouldn't have any problem at 220/240.

In any case, the power amp's output section doesn't actually draw significant current until you are pushing it HARD. The power supply's caps do most of the work for peaks, so it's only when you are running a heavy sustained output level that it will be an issue. Quick math says that even a 600W peak would only be about 3A @220VAC, add in another 2A for the electronics and you're fine at 5A.