SOLVED: Kemper "certified" Ethercon Mod to KPA (Rack or Toaster)

• An early Happy New Year to all in the Kemperdom across the world from Australia....

Is there such a thing as an approved hardware mod, endorsed by Kemper and/or its distributors/dealers, that can be effected in cases where there is hardware damage to the RJ45 socket causing a continual falling out of the remote cable?

I am aware of the mods done by British Audio (and others), however, Nashville is about 20 hours from where I live by plane!

An approved mod effected by a trained tech in Australia would be highly valued.

Rgds,

Dale8)

• There are no Kemper approved mods. The British Audio solution seems excellent, but is not backed by Kemper.

I would suggest contacting Kemper support and asking about approved repair shops.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• If you have a kemper rack , just get a 1U patch bay and connect a small ethernet cable to the kemper and use a sturdy neutrik cable instead. That way you relief the stress on the kempers one !

Raf

ps : I even attached a neutrik housing on my original kemper cable (with some cutting on the kemper cable)

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• ps : I even attached a neutrik housing on my original kemper cable (with some cutting on the kemper cable)

There is no need for anyone else to cut the cable - an adapter can be attached.

The Neutrik NE8MC RJ45 cable connector carrier for pre-assembled RJ45 plugs consists of a chromium shell, fixing disk, chuck, bushing and boot. Packed with two cable protection elements for cable diameter either up to 5 mm or 8 mm.

• There are no Kemper approved mods. The British Audio solution seems excellent, but is not backed by Kemper.

I would suggest contacting Kemper support and asking about approved repair shops.

Do you know that for a fact? I understand that it *is* ‘Kemper certified’.

• There is no need for anyone else to cut the cable - an adapter can be attached.

The Neutrik NE8MC RJ45 cable connector carrier for pre-assembled RJ45 plugs consists of a chromium shell, fixing disk, chuck, bushing and boot. Packed with two cable protection elements for cable diameter either up to 5 mm or 8 mm.

Says "Discontinued" on Neutrik's site :(

• Do you know that for a fact? I understand that it *is* ‘Kemper certified’.

Only way to know for certain is to ask Kemper.

There is zero mention of it in British Audio’s website. Plus, I’ve never seen/heard of *any* product termed Kemper approved/certified.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• There is no need for anyone else to cut the cable - an adapter can be attached.

In my case the square housing or the cable bending thing needed to be made smaller so the housing of the neutrik would fit ...

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• The eventual solution was to log a ticket with the Kemper mothership in Germany who relayed my request to the Australian service agent Innovative Music in Melbourne who did fine job on the fix for very reasonable dollars with good turn around.....