2020 winter namm

• Indeed... without causing any offense, Kemper 2 is complete fake news and anyone talking about it like it is real news is an idiot...

Three reasons why I dont see this happening. First, the Kemper stage was just released and to release a Kemper II would chance angering an entirely new customer base. Second, Kemper is still in the process of finalizing the RM3, OS7 and Stage/KPA integration as well as the current projects that have yet to be released (Kone). Third, Kemper as it currently sits is still leading the industry in amplifier simulation. No other modeler is able to get the tones that the Kemper gets and they continue to add DSP and are still not quite there.

With all that being said I am sure there will eventually be a Kemper II but I dont see it happening any time soon. I think there is still a great deal that can be done with the resources that the current line has available. Just like with tube amps, there comes a time when the wheel is done and only needs to be refined.

• all valid points that i dont disagree with.

I enjoy my kemper every day.

Im being realistic though.

I wager anyone it will be within 2 - 3 years.

Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to smell the coffee.

• I’ll take that bet. All day, everyday.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I’m sure a Kemper II could do crazy shit....eventually. But they do a seriously amazing job on adding new stuff to the already existing unit. It would be awesome to be able to do more than one profile and mix them together. But in theory you can do that with THIS Kemper. For instance making a profile with two different mics and amp settings and mix them together like you would do in a studio on two channels. There’s no need for a new Kemper as I see it.

Edited once, last by b_ryan ().

• This should put this speculation to rest...

They seem happy with the DSP and their internal libraries / tools they created for it.

However, a KPA2 could get more ROM, RAM, 2x DSP for parallel routing and processing power to support AES50, OSC and all these ... probably a bigger screen ...

But to be honest - I do not see a lot of added value. I like the approach of sticking to the HW and make the SW bulletproof.

A smaller form factor without any buttons on it, just some line jacks for external switches / pedals and a lower price point would be cool. Since we have the editor now this could be feasable.

• I like you ruefus.

Ive read alot of your other posts.

Argumentative and opinionated.

Like me. ??

I’ll speak my mind. It’s (at best) 50/50 if others agree. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But....I’ll be winning this wager. ?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• ....... am hoping it will evolve to allow complete fx chains to be saved / allow batch editing so as you can quickly and easily put in your own preferences when you buy a profile pack.

...........All I know is that it continues to improve after all these years and I haven’t felt the need to investigate other products since I’ve had it. Which is good going for digital gear in the guitar market where you’ve normally been superseded 2-3 times by now.

those are two of the features I would really like to see also.

• Seems hard to argue that an updated Kemper offering Stereo rigs with either two amps+cabs or two full signal paths (at a price point less than purchasing two Kempers, in the convenience of one unit, and controllable with one remote) would make them a lot of money. They've walked away from a lot of money before, though. So who knows.

• Seems hard to argue that an updated Kemper offering Stereo rigs with either two amps+cabs or two full signal paths (at a price point less than purchasing two Kempers, in the convenience of one unit, and controllable with one remote) would make them a lot of money. They've walked away from a lot of money before, though. So who knows.

But what if THIS version of the unit actually can do that.....eventually? Imagine you pressing either the “rig button” or the “amplifier button” and that opens up a choice between Rig A/Rig B and volume/pan etc for both. It would only be a software solution then.

I’ve got no clue what so ever if this is actually possible within the existing circuit board etc and if it’s actually able to run two rigs simultaneously. If not then imagine this. Like now you only got access to 1 profile at the time, but can combine 2 and save as 1 profile. It would be a software solution as well. A solution that has to be well thought out, if it’s not gonna take forever to make a combined profile due to a lot of trial-and-error regarding the combining process to make something that sounds good without being able to hear the end result prior to to combining.

Nevertheless I see this as a possibility. And as I see it they are no way near the end of this units capability and as long as they keep adding new elements to this unit, it stays relevant. Do you really feel that it is loosing ground to its competitors? Cause I don’t. Yes.....the Rig Manager and especially the Editor was long overdue, but other than that, it’s still the best way to capture the sound of your amp unless recording with a regular setup of course.

The Stage has probably taught them a lot about what people say and then what they do. There was always an outcry for a floor unit, but have they sold as many as expected?

Watching Kemper over time, I think they would be looking at something more ground-breaking than just dual rigs to justify a completely new product.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• My honest opinion is that it depends on what the business model is and whether it has changed over time.

Many many people bought the product for simplicity and ease of use.

The more and more features that are added the further from that point we are getting.

I was abit disapointed that the editor didnt incorporate the remote setup aswell.

Ultimately theres probably loads of kemper users that actually want different things from it, and they are trying to keep everyone happy to a point.

Dual amps etc would be useful i guess.

For me since the editor came out, and im not scrolling pages i think the effects section is actually really small.

Dare i say boring ? Im not sure...

As everyone seems to comment the drive pedals and modulation effects are not inspiring to me.

But i can see why people loop in other products for the effects section or go to other products all together.

• maybe the point is that the kemper has a great loop and for people like me i should just buy additional stuff rather than expect the kemper to do it.

For argument sake, an m13 board for some variety.

Ive noticed a few use helix for fx.

How does the m13 compare ? Im tempted to try it.

• Many many people bought the product for simplicity and ease of use.

The more and more features that are added the further from that point we are getting.

i think that is the key to the Kemper model. For simplicity go Kemper. For flexibility and tweak ability go Helix or Axe. Totally different strategies/workflows but both equally valid.

I was abit disapointed that the editor didnt incorporate the remote setup aswell.

this is only the first gen editor. They have said that they just want to get the platform stable at this stage. They have also said that they fully intend to add additional features later. I would be shocked if Remote setup isn’t one of those features.

Ultimately theres probably loads of kemper users that actually want different things from it, and they are trying to keep everyone happy to a point.

one of the thing I think Kemper have done well (and something I really admire them for) is sticking to their vision of the product. Yes they have evolved it based on user feedback and feature requests but ultimately they have never tried to be all things to all people. The editor is probably a good example. Many people asked for it fora long time but in the early days CK probably looked at is irrelevant to the intended design/purpose . Much of the logic seemed to go along the lines of “everybody else has an editor so Kemper should have one too”. There are lots of good reasons to add festures, functions, new products but “me too” isn’t one of them. However, as time went on and the KPA evolved and the user base probably changed fro the expected market an editor probably started to make sense. Even today, I still think much of the editor functionality can be achieved just as easily or even easier on the hardware (although I have the editor loaded and open on my desktop I have started to gravitate back to st tweaking knobs on the KPA as its faster in many cases). Given my comments about CK and the team only adding things when they can see a valid reason to do so, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some really interesting and developments already on the development roadmap which the editor will be a crucial part of.

For me since the editor came out, and im not scrolling pages i think the effects section is actually really small.

i think this is a key part of your observation about the Kemper’s “simplicity “.

My guess is that there will be new effects in due course. However, I’m not expecting a huge increase in the number of effects. I don’t think it fits the Kemper model to add OD models for every popular pedal on the market. Instead, I think they might add more controllable parameters to the existing models (or replacements for these) which provide the flexibility for users to model almost any pedal themselves.

likewise, for modulation effects, I would expect to see very few new effects but additional functions that allow more creative use. For example, you could see the modulation wave shape added as a variable parameter. With the ability to select different wave shapes (sine, triangle, sawtooth, square, random) and a control for symmetry you could create a massive range of variation within the existing modulation effects.

I am sure they must have a development map and I’m sure it will stay true to their vision rather than trying to be all things to all people by providing a host of “me too” features.