Won't profile -SOLVED-

• Hi guys,

Just got my Kemper yesterday and I'm happy so fare, but...

When I tried to profile my Super Lead '77 it kept reporting an error. It said that either the volume was to low or that a reference amp was not connected.

I connected the amp like this:

Guitar into KPA input.
    Direct output/send to amp input
    Mic (SM57) into KPA return

Headphones to KPA headphone

I was fairly loud in the room.

What is wrong?

?( ?( ?(

Edited once, last by peterc52 ().

• The connections seems to be right, assuming that you used the front input.
    I'd check the cables.
    Do you ear the UFO sounds coming from your amp? If you do, that means that the cable from the direct output/send is working properly.
    So if you ear them i'd check the cable form the mic (assuming that it works flawlessly) to the KPA.
    In case all the cables are ok i'd contact the support. It might be a software issue.

• Check the return level light on the KPA. I found I needed a preamp, even with an SM57/58 at anything under deafeningly loud in order to get it loud enough to avoid that message.

• Some KPAs shipped with the direct output not working right off the bat. To get it to work, you needed to do a system reset (hold the system button while booting up).

• Okay, so I tried again.

It turned out, that I had turned return level all the way down, so now it starts profiling my amp, but it keep coming up with another error.

It says that my amp is too noisy. Please reduce gain and repeat profiling. It is a Marshall Super Lead '77 with a master volume, so whats wrong now???

?( ?( ?(