Profiles for Progressive Metal / Djent ?

• Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what profiles or profile packs people recommend for playing Progressive Metal and Djent??

I already found a great BE100 profile pack for Progressive Metal and Djent but, i'm curious what profiles or profile packs other people in the Kemper-verse are using for heavier genres of music like Prog Metal, Djent, etc.

Let me know what profiles or profile packs are your favorites, and what you guys recommend!

-Sean C-

• Hi Sean,

well, hard for me as I am not too deep in that style. Listening to some Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree from time to time. I like the guitar tones of Steven Wilson a lot.

For the heavier part you might want to try mdan's Driftwood Merged profile from the RigExchange. That's a fat heavy tone, well tweakable and good if you want to change the cab.

Maybe as a help for the community here you could describe the sound you're after a bit more, e.g. by mentioning guitar players or bands which have the tone you want.

And as usual following many of the discussions here in the forum: Be careful to hunt for a 100% identical tone of what you hear somewhere. It's more than the amp/profile etc which forms the tone 8)

• Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I really appreciate it.

It was a pretty sparse topic on the forum so I figured I'd start a new thread.

I really like the guitar tones for Periphery and heavy bands kind of like that. But I don't think I'm looking for anything too specific like a specific guitarist or anything like that. I've triee a few times in the past and realized I like to build on tones that I heard from another band or artist and really liked.

I'm definitely going to look into all the recommendations you guys made! Thanks for your input ^^

I'll post an update after checking some of them out!

• Try the 5150 lll from Live Ready Sounds

Definitely! I did a short runthrough of the pack, check below!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.