Kemper Stage live set up advice wanted

• I'm thinking of buying the Kemper Stage to use in a live covers band set up where the majority of the time there won't be a FOH system so I would rely on the back line for the guitar. Occasional FOH only. I am the only guitarist in the band and want a stereo set up. I currently use a Marshall JMP-1 through a Marshall 9001 monoblock (backbreakingly heavy) running stereo through to two orange 2x12 cabs, one placed at either side of the stage.

I'm looking for advice on how to replicate this set up with the Kemper stage. Should I just replace the Marshall amps with the kemper and a mosfet stereo amp running through my orange cabs turning off the cab sim in the stereo monitor output and for the main output have the cab sim set up as the same cab for the odd occasion when I do go FOH or should I go FRFR? And is there such a thing is the best FRFR speaker for this type of set up as reading online everyone has different opinions on which FRFR cabs are best as everybody uses them differently. It would be great if I could set up a tone at home that would require minimum tweaking once playing through the full set up at gig volume.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

• I think your two Orange 2x12 cabs are also backbreakingly:). So get rid of them, buy two FRFR boxes for stereo environment. Two Headrushs-108 might do the job.

And is there such a thing is the best FRFR speaker for this type of set up as reading online everyone has different opinions on which FRFR

This is true and the same as everybody has it's own opinion on amps, cabs, guitars and so on. So, you might just try it yourself in a music store.

• Welcome to the forum :)

I'm guessing by your current setup that you need to get very loud maybe? ;) You may want to also consider a powered Kemper and remote instead of the Stage. That way, you can run your own cabs or FRFR depending on your needs at any time.

There are a million opinions on FRFR monitors because people hear differently. You need to try them out to find one that works for you. I use a Mission Io and like it much.

• I'm thinking of buying the Kemper Stage to use in a live covers band set up where the majority of the time there won't be a FOH system so I would rely on the back line for the guitar. Occasional FOH only. I am the only guitarist in the band and want a stereo set up. I currently use a Marshall JMP-1 through a Marshall 9001 monoblock (backbreakingly heavy) running stereo through to two orange 2x12 cabs, one placed at either side of the stage.

I'm looking for advice on how to replicate this set up with the Kemper stage. Should I just replace the Marshall amps with the kemper and a mosfet stereo amp running through my orange cabs turning off the cab sim in the stereo monitor output and for the main output have the cab sim set up as the same cab for the odd occasion when I do go FOH or should I go FRFR? And is there such a thing is the best FRFR speaker for this type of set up as reading online everyone has different opinions on which FRFR cabs are best as everybody uses them differently. It would be great if I could set up a tone at home that would require minimum tweaking once playing through the full set up at gig volume.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm guessing by your current setup that you need to get very loud maybe? ;) You may want to also consider a powered Kemper and remote instead of the Stage. That way, you can run your own cabs or FRFR depending on your needs at any time.

I use an Orange Pedal baby 100 to push my stage to my Mesa 212 cab, I just send the monitor out with no cab. That would allow you to still use the main outs for FOH if that is the situation for the night. The PB100 will push an 8ohm cab or 2 16ohm cabs. There is also the synergy 50/50 that is an all tube and that can push 4,8 or 16 through both channels but that is not cheap. The tubes also add color to your tone.