Problems with distorted highs on clean settings

• So I’m having problems with distorted highs on clean settings.. the situation sounds like the effects cycling through with a phase or flanger for example and a swell of volume and effect pushes the high frequencies into an unpleasant sounding area.. ice picky,thin and distorted., I’ve tried turning the peak spread of the effect down,the volume of the effect down and the mix of the effect down among other things.. I’ve tried turning down other settings on the kemper such as the definition,clarity and of course the eq settings (treble bass presence etc) but then I get a muffled sound.. if someone could give me some pointers to try it would b greatly appreciated.. the highs on my recordings sound unacceptable for sure.. thanks..

• Thanks much for the reply.. I’m running left and right trs cables out of the back of the kemper into input 1 of the mission Gemini 2.. I’m doing it like this cause this cabinet can do stereo like this but is this what is causing the problem.. im using a sennheiser mic into a little steinberg ur242 interface into an iPad.. appreciate the reply.. been dealing with this for many days..

• I assume you've seen this video on how to correctly hook up the Gemini 2. Are you using the mic to record the Gemini 2? If so, that could cause phasing issues in your recording by using a single mic to record a stereo signal. Better to record into the interface directly (no mic) and them monitor the output.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So your saying go from the kemper (my kemper is the non amp’d kemper type) into my interface and then into the iPad and don’t even use the mission amp.. monitor that sound through headphones? Really sorry I’m new to this man..

Edited once, last by danrman ().

• From the manual.8)

MAIN OUTPUT (1)

These are your main stereo outputs. Use these outputs to connect to a mixing desk in a recording studio, or to the front-of-house mixer in a live situation. These outputs deliver the entire Rig: Amp, Cabinet, and all Effects. You have a choice of XLR (balanced) or quarter-inch TS-jacks (unbalanced). The XLR outputs are protected against 48V phantom power fed by a mixing desk. However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the PROFILER if you want the best audio quality. Like all inputs and outputs, it offers a ground lift to prevent a loop hum.

• Yes, that’ll work via headphones or monitor via the Gemini.

Hey man thanks so much.. would I plug the Gemini into the same place I would the headphones to monitor or mayb a line out from the interface to the Gemini would b the way to monitor using the Gemini? thanks again man.. I really appreciate your input??

• From the manual.8)

MAIN OUTPUT (1)

These are your main stereo outputs. Use these outputs to connect to a mixing desk in a recording studio, or to the front-of-house mixer in a live situation. These outputs deliver the entire Rig: Amp, Cabinet, and all Effects. You have a choice of XLR (balanced) or quarter-inch TS-jacks (unbalanced). The XLR outputs are protected against 48V phantom power fed by a mixing desk. However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the PROFILER if you want the best audio quality. Like all inputs and outputs, it offers a ground lift to prevent a loop hum.

Thanks much I appreciate the reply..