Doug and Pat Do Kemper... Way Cool!!!

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The older I get, the better I was.

• That should convince all Tube fanatics

fantastic , serious Demo, Kemper can sound so vintage

unbeliveable

Give us all your Profiles from this Video plz

DigBob....

At the end of the video they mentioned that they plan on profiling several of their really cool vintage amps and offering those profiles (presumably for purchase) on their website.

I did comment on the video on YouTube because several folks commented on there thinking that they were about to get free profiles of hard to obtain vintage amps. I mentioned that it may look like two old dudes sitting on the porch talking sh*t about guitar stuff, but I"m pretty certain that they actually run this like a business. As such, I don't think they would pass up an opportunity to help them fund and grow their channel. Especially if they might have something that very few others might have (in terms of vintage tube amps).

With that being said, there is probably a LOT more to making high quality profiles than the quick "slap it together" method they showed on the video. Different mics, placement, etc, etc., so if they really wanted to sell their profiles, I would hope they would take it a little more seriously than doing what they did in the video, which was mostly for illustration purposes.

Just my .05$.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

• i know their channel since many years

i know that they running a business, and that the Profiles won't be free

but this video was shot in september, as you can see on the Date of the <Profiles in the <display,

so i think the profiles will be in their shop hopefully soon

but even the fast profiles from the video are worth to sell, they sound great

• With that being said, there is probably a LOT more to making high quality profiles than the quick "slap it together" method they showed on the video. Different mics, placement, etc, etc., so if they really wanted to sell their profiles, I would hope they would take it a little more seriously than doing what they did in the video, which was mostly for illustration purposes.

This got me to thinking (rare nowadays, I know) about the relationship between some of these 'high quality profiles' and barebones profiles. With the new editor the post-profiling tweaking going into these 'high quality profiles' is revealed... a chance to more easily peak under the hood, so to speak. And I've learned an awful lot in a really short time about tweaking profiles. Any and all profiles can now be stripped down to the basics... i.e., 'just the amp please', which for me really is a game changer. If Pat and Doug (felt weird to type it that way) were to release just the barebones versions of their killer collection... that would certainly be enough for me. Perhaps just a few different mics and placements would be perfect... and given their proclivity towards simplicity, it might suit them just fine as well.

The older I get, the better I was.

Edited once, last by ShadowJumper ().

• Great profiles don’t require much of anything special beyond ears. It would be so refreshing if Pat and Doug released a pack of profiles created using the same easy approach as the ones in their video. And no more than two or three profiles per amp, at settings that please no one but themselves. As I noted over at TGP any one of those profiles in the video could carry many a guitarist through an entire show. It’s a reminder of how, with so many pedals and effects available inside of the box, just how rare pared-down, vintage tones seem to be in the digital web universe. ymmv

• Man, that Vox. Just when you think you've got every possible cool sound you could want, along comes yet another cool sound. It's getting to the point where every time I come across new profiles I want to plug my ears, avert my eyes and run as fast as I can. This Kemper thing is like the ultimate rabbit hole.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• just bought this yesterday and am kinda disapointed, to my ears they don't sound so good. Super harsh and thin and hot. I've been watching their channel on and off and always thought they had pretty sweet tones so i wasn't expecting these profiles to sound so poor. Tried with p90's and buckers and none works for me. The profiles also sound very similar to each other and all are overdriven and it would be nice to have had a wider range of grit but maybe this amp doesn't do cleans?

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

• just bought this yesterday and am kinda disapointed, to my ears they don't sound so good. Super harsh and thin and hot. I've been watching their channel on and off and always thought they had pretty sweet tones so i wasn't expecting these profiles to sound so poor. Tried with p90's and buckers and none works for me. The profiles also sound very similar to each other and all are overdriven and it would be nice to have had a wider range of grit but maybe this amp doesn't do cleans?

What were you playing through and at what volume? Some profiles sound great some situations, and not good in others. Like for me, M. Britt high gain profiles only sound good for live and loud use, but just kinda meh in a studio setting.

• What were you playing through and at what volume? Some profiles sound great some situations, and not good in others. Like for me, M. Britt high gain profiles only sound good for live and loud use, but just kinda meh in a studio setting.

i was playing through the Kabinet (output monitor volume set to -20dB) and also tried headphones (full blast), haven't tried studio monitors yet. first i thought there might be sth wrong with the profiles or that i messed up some settings, cause if i switch to any mbritt profile (fender, vox, marshall) my guitars come alive again like normal and the D&P profiles just lack body and are all pretty overdriven with a lot of highs compared to say a mbritt vox profile.

note that this might really just be a taste issue .. i'll have to go back to their SRT videos and check the sound and compare it.

Edited once, last by stickman ().

• I have the pack too and don’t like it too, same reason

Much too much gain in all profiles and all sound pretty much the same

Sound wise they have nothing to do with sounds of Doug and pat

• yes they are cool dudes, but the Profiles weren't taken by themself, was done buy somebody from a music store

and the rigs dont clean up well when turning down vol knob

thats the problem, and the actual sound is way off the original sounds from their videos

• and the rigs dont clean up well when turning down vol knob

thats the problem, and the actual sound is way off the original sounds from their videos

yep, i much prefer other peoples strategy of profiling at different gain/volume settings, the volume knob on the guitar and the gain knob on the kemper only work in tiny increments for me before the sound gets stale on these profiles so 'cleaning up' also means you loose a lot of body to the sound.