Doug and Pat Do Kemper... Way Cool!!!

• That should convince all Tube fanatics

fantastic , serious Demo, Kemper can sound so vintage

unbeliveable

Give us all your Profiles from this Video plz

DigBob....

At the end of the video they mentioned that they plan on profiling several of their really cool vintage amps and offering those profiles (presumably for purchase) on their website.

I did comment on the video on YouTube because several folks commented on there thinking that they were about to get free profiles of hard to obtain vintage amps. I mentioned that it may look like two old dudes sitting on the porch talking sh*t about guitar stuff, but I"m pretty certain that they actually run this like a business. As such, I don't think they would pass up an opportunity to help them fund and grow their channel. Especially if they might have something that very few others might have (in terms of vintage tube amps).

With that being said, there is probably a LOT more to making high quality profiles than the quick "slap it together" method they showed on the video. Different mics, placement, etc, etc., so if they really wanted to sell their profiles, I would hope they would take it a little more seriously than doing what they did in the video, which was mostly for illustration purposes.

Just my .05$.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

• i know their channel since many years

i know that they running a business, and that the Profiles won't be free

but this video was shot in september, as you can see on the Date of the <Profiles in the <display,

so i think the profiles will be in their shop hopefully soon

but even the fast profiles from the video are worth to sell, they sound great

• With that being said, there is probably a LOT more to making high quality profiles than the quick "slap it together" method they showed on the video. Different mics, placement, etc, etc., so if they really wanted to sell their profiles, I would hope they would take it a little more seriously than doing what they did in the video, which was mostly for illustration purposes.

This got me to thinking (rare nowadays, I know) about the relationship between some of these 'high quality profiles' and barebones profiles. With the new editor the post-profiling tweaking going into these 'high quality profiles' is revealed... a chance to more easily peak under the hood, so to speak. And I've learned an awful lot in a really short time about tweaking profiles. Any and all profiles can now be stripped down to the basics... i.e., 'just the amp please', which for me really is a game changer. If Pat and Doug (felt weird to type it that way) were to release just the barebones versions of their killer collection... that would certainly be enough for me. Perhaps just a few different mics and placements would be perfect... and given their proclivity towards simplicity, it might suit them just fine as well.

• Great profiles don’t require much of anything special beyond ears. It would be so refreshing if Pat and Doug released a pack of profiles created using the same easy approach as the ones in their video. And no more than two or three profiles per amp, at settings that please no one but themselves. As I noted over at TGP any one of those profiles in the video could carry many a guitarist through an entire show. It’s a reminder of how, with so many pedals and effects available inside of the box, just how rare pared-down, vintage tones seem to be in the digital web universe. ymmv