Kemper S/PDIF out and Focusrite 6i6 2nd gen opinion?

• Good morning,

I'm planning to find an audio interface with S/PDIF ports to connect my Kemper in the digital domain avoiding an D/A A/D conversion.

I found that the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen. could be a good quality/price deal. Does anyone have an opinion or experience about the quality of this audio interface used with the Kemper S/PDIF ports?

Moreover, any advice regarding other soundcards at the same price point are welcome!

Thanks!:)

• I use this for long time. Basically S/PDIF is all digital, doesn't matter if it's Focusrite or M-AUDIO, etc. What matters is D/A conversion for speakers and headphones (dynamic range, distortion), stability (drivers), flexibility (software), support.

I recommend it. I'm using 6i6.

• Welcome cdestino9 , have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper.

Some of the folks here have Focusrite's 6i6 and it has been discussed a few times. You can use the search function of the forum to dig threads with it.

As skoczy says the quality will not differ with different interfaces using it so you should decide upon other aspects like inputs/outputs, routing possibilities etc. - personally I use a rather old (and outdated) AVID M-Audio C400 which does the job well and fits nicely on my desk :)