Rig Manager Tags

• Hi Guys,

I noticed that the cataloging in the Rig Manager using the tags excludes one of the most important parts of the signal chain, namely detailed information about the instrument that was operated with the rig.

Because a certain profile is usually matched to a certain instrument and its settings.

It is e.g. a fundamental difference in the amplifier settings whether I use a Fender Deluxe Reverb to operate with a strat in neck / single-coil mode or an ESP with an active bridge humbucker, the gain, equalizer etc. settings will vary depending on the guitar and setting differ clearly.

This procedure in the profiling process also makes perfect sense, since the Kemper has so far e.g. cannot simulate the EQ behavior of each amplifier 100%, but only the "is" state of a particular setup.

In everyday studio life it is usually the case that I am looking for a suitable rig for a specific guitar and not vice versa. It is extremely helpful to know for which guitar the profile was created, which pickup position was used and is it a humbucker, single-coil or piezo pickup, active or passive electronics?

In my opinion, with over 16,000 rigs in the manager, this would significantly improve the search and, above all, significantly speed up the musical process (which is actually what this is about) in our daily work...

what do you think about it?

• There already is a 'Pickup Type' tag and a 'Comment' tag.

Also, some amp choices (Fender Deluxe Reverb to use your example as opposed to a Rectifier or 5150) already somewhat indicate a guitar/pickup choice/preferrence.

Although personally I think a high gain amp can sound wonderful with a P90 or a Goldfoil.

Alternatively, you can (and should) use the 'Definition' control to adapt Rigs to your pickups if needed.

I have a Strat equipped with a SD Hot Rails (bridge), a Lipstick (middle) and vintage SC (neck) and the pickups are set up by ear to work across the board.

I maintain the opinion that with a properly set up guitar any pickup should work and bring something unique to the table, otherwise the pickup choices and their setup is questionable IMHO. One might habe to adapt the right hand technique and style, but with what I consider a good Profile, I can go from jazz comping over crunchy rhythm work to saturated lead just by using the vol pot and the pickup selector.

hth

• Hi Don,

thx for that quick response.

i realy didn't see the tag "amp pickup type", cool it's already there!

Although the tag-name is somewhat missleading to me (i know, picky).

I would find it helpful if the tagging were standardized a little more. For example, under the tag "Mik Model" you have a few choices and that's it. I find it pretty practical because you know exactly where the sound is going.

But if you look at "Amp Pickup Type" there is pretty much everything in it, from HB / SC (good for a start) to just "Gibson". I think pre-made selections would just be more effective. And there could also be some additional information such as neck position, active electronics etc.

My only concern here is to improve the rig manager. I know the possibilities to improve the sound with the help of the kemper controls, and they also work great.

We can also talk over a beer about what it takes for a good jazz sound or a "perfectly" setup guitar ... or the advantages of a (real) goldfoil ...

and I'm not an opponent of sound experiments either... :)

In this case, i t's just about ....tagging und an efficent data-bank .