Stage won't update

• Hey guys,

I'm following all of the instruction that Kemper provides - I've formatted the USB stick via the Stage. I've put the "kaos.bin" file in the OS directory. No popup menu to update ever appears when I plug the flash drive into the Stage like the instructions say it will. The "USB Stick" option occurs, but I can only export rigs/backup files from there. That works great. The only time I can get the Stage to acknowledge that there is an OS update is if the kaos.bin file is in the OS directory AND default screen (with all the folders) on the flashdrive. It will say "multiple software revisions have been found on USB stick". Is there a way to update the Stage from my computer or rig manager and bypass all this USB nonsense?

Please help, I'd love to be able to update my Stage and use Rig Manager. Thanks in advance!

• It is not possible to update using a USB drive if you have multiple versions of the OS in the OS directory, or if you have the OS in both the root directory of the USB and in the OS folder.

It is possible if you have it just in the Root directory of the USB, and it should be possible if you have just one version in the OS folder, and none in the Root Directory.

If you want to update to a Beta OS version using Rig Manager, you need to have your Rig Manager preferences set to included Beta Updates.

• Make certain the version you’re using is newer than the one already installed.

The KPA will ignore it if they are the same.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Anyone know if the correct zip file has been updated? Profiler Stage is still not updating from the previous OS an dI'm troubleshooting.

• We are at OS 7.1.19 release in the meantime and both zip-files - for classical models as well as Stage - are in tact and have been downloaded and installed many times. Please follow the instructions included in the download zip-files.

• Hey there,

as paults obviously did not understood your problem... did you manage to fix it Ethan?
    I have the same problem...

Thanks in advance!

Welcome.

There’s always the chance a certain USB stick doesn’t work as expected (happened to me as well).

So one option is to simply try another USB.

Of course updating is also possible via RigManager.